Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: MR WOLVERINE's QUESTION PAGE

I have added the following which is from our web site, in which I try and explain the different classes of firearms.

5) What are the different legal classifications of firearms?

There is a lot of confusion concerning our current firearm classes, we offer the following simplified general information for your guidance only. Contact your Local Firearms Officer or the CFC for further details at 1-800-731-4000.

There are the following Firearm classes: Non Restricted, Restricted, Grand Fathered Prohibited and Prohibited.

Any person is eligible to apply for a PAL (Possession & Acquisition License) for both Non Rrestricted and Restricted Firearms. It is generally accepted that you need to join an Approved Gun Club before you can acquire a Restricted Firearm.

There are six different Grandfathered Prohibited classes. You had to possess (or have applied to possess) a firearm in each class prior to the class being created, in order to be grandfathered into that class. The classes are separate. Simply because you are in one class does not make you eligible for another. If you do not currently possess a firearm in a grandfathered class, you never can, excepting possibly the 12.7 class. These classes are:
    • 12.2: FA Full Automatic

• 12.3: CA Converted Automatic

• 12.4: OIC # 12 (OIC = Order in Council) A small class, examples are: Sterling MK6, Steyr AUG, Uzi carbine, Mod A and mini Uzi

• 12.5: OIC #13 A large class, examples are: FN FAL, H&K, AK47, Thompsons etc.

• 12.6: Handgun All .25, .32 (some exceptions) and handguns with a barrel length of 105mm and less. Registered before 14 Feb 1995

• 12.7: PROHIBITED 12.6 handguns inheritable by immediate next of kin as they were manufactured before 1946.

Your PAL should have all your classes listed on the back, if you think you should have a class that is not listed, you can have your PAL amended. You will not have lost that class just because it is not listed. (It took the CFC three attempts to get my own PAL correct).

The final class is the Prohibited (Without grandfathering) this would include (but not limited to) firearms from all the Prohibited Grandfathered classes that were not registered into the system prior to their respective cut off dates. Do not try and register one of these firearms (Even during an amnesty) you will lose it! If you have something interesting in this area contact me and I will explain your options. Yes, you do have more options than simply surrending her, but don’t delay.

There are many errors and misunderstandings concerning the classification of different firearms. The following are just a few examples. Lots of people think all fifty cal rifles are prohibited. WRONG!!!! Some are, and some are not. The Mini 14 is still non restricted, folding stocks are legal, so are factory shotguns with 14 inch barrels. An MP5 SMG would have to be either a FA or CA. The factory semi auto version, the HK 94 would be in the 12.5 class. This is very straighforward and easy to understand. However when you look at the FN FAL family you have firearms that could be in either FA, CA or the 12.5 class, and some FN FAL whose correct classification can not be determined. These last ones are accepted at face value in whatever class they are currently registered in.

Here at Wolverine Supplies we deal in all classes of firearms. We supply both private citizens and Government Agencies, literally from coast to coast. Whilst we do not support all the current facets of our firearm control system, we will follow the law. Due to my long extensive involvement in the Canadian Firearms Industry I have a better than average understanding of our system, if you have any concerns regarding any intended purchase, please phone or e-mail us.

Can anyone send me a template or a letter I can copy to send to the appropriate people, or send me a link. I have made donations but want to do more. Thanks

Wow,this makes me want to give my head a shake, to think this is a free country,I really feel sorry for the future of Canadians ,and this I truly do believe will not stop unless banded together are we.When did they forget WE are their boss,not the other way around,laws of the people are administered by the people and have the best interest of everyone included.Laws made in back rooms and closed doors are in effect illegal, and as such ,only serve to strangle our values of freedom,human rights,and in the end make a place full of good little law abiding citizens,who don't question authority,or ask why something happens at all.This post is a call to action...immediate action,as stated by others WE MUST BAND TOGETHER,and show not only LAW MAKERS WE WONT STAND FOR THIS ,but also teach the public that you can make a diffrence,,,,if one man can change the world,than all of us can change the future...
    Last edited by Irish gun; 03-01-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Far North's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    Can anyone send me a template or a letter I can copy to send to the appropriate people, or send me a link. I have made donations but want to do more. Thanks
    Many letters here
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...esource-thread

Just write a letter stating how you feel. The letters I have sent I didnt want to be the same as everyones.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter2012 View Post
    Just write a letter stating how you feel. The letters I have sent I didnt want to be the same as everyones.
    i agree 100%. if everyone sends the same letter, it's not personal. sent 3 letters by email to my mp(no reply, they don't give a ####.)
    and two written letters so far to stephen harper, faxed. one on the swiss arms and one on the cz858

emails sent, letters are in the mail.

MR Wolverine...

How will the new CZ858 ruling effect the CZ958 you have in development? I am eagerly awaiting it to hit your shelves, but if it is simply going to be classified as a "variant, and henceforth prohibited" then whats the point? Please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaSheepdog View Post
    MR Wolverine...

How will the new CZ858 ruling effect the CZ958 you have in development? I am eagerly awaiting it to hit your shelves, but if it is simply going to be classified as a "variant, and henceforth prohibited" then whats the point? Please let me know!
    When a firearm is classed by OIC the term "and variants" is used. Currently it is argued that the CZ 858 is a converted automatic and there fore prohibited, this has nothing to do with variants which does not apply in this case as no OIC was ever used. In a few days time I will be at Bruno looking at the new production CZ 958.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Is there anything stopping the RCMP from just calling it an AK-47 variant?

I wouldn't put it past them.