Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: MR WOLVERINE's QUESTION PAGE

CGN Regular
    Is there any estimated dollar value of the guns that just got prohibited in canada and will be taken away from law abiding citizens in canada with out compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by mgerski View Post
    Is there any estimated dollar value of the guns that just got prohibited in canada and will be taken away from law abiding citizens in canada with out compensation.
    My best estimate would be 12.5 million dollars, and that is with out any acceassaries.

one can come up with an estimate.

Assuming ~2,000 SAs at $4,000 and ~10,000 858 at $700 you end up with a max. estimate of $15Mill.
    That is on the high side; 12 to 13Mill would be a min.

I am still a bit confused with the vz, cz858s. My understanding is all actual CZ858s post 2007 but no other vz.

Charles Bradlaugh

John beat me to it

Charles Bradlaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Dyspnea View Post
    Was the 858 assigned an FRT number before the RCMP even examined the rifles like what happened in the Swiss arms case? Or did the RCMP have a sample, examine it and then assign an FRT?
    The RCMP had sample guns supplied by us that they examined before giving approval for the CZ858. We were issued a Canadian import cert for all imports and the vast majority were transferred under the LGR

CGN Regular
    Well 12.5 million is a number that might raise peoples eyebrows thats about what I thought. Numbers make some people think and I am going to spread that number around.

Well 12.5 million is a number that might raise peoples eyebrows thats about what I thought. Numbers make some people think and I am going to spread that number around.
    But this is only the beginning! No telling where it will end.

In a few days time I will be at Bruno looking at the new production CZ 958.
    Then they will classify it as a cz858 variant and bang.... right on the list

Quote Originally Posted by KidGlock View Post
    Then they will classify it as a cz858 variant and bang.... right on the list
    The 958 is a newly manufactured semi-auto only receiver. The 858's are used and re-worked (milled and welded) FA receivers from what I've read. BUT one can never know the games our government will play.
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

2 firearm families reclassified in a matter of days to a prohibited state. Let me say this is absolutely rediculous, Im surprised this hasn't hit national coverage yet; however it shouldn't be long. I have personally written letters to the mp's expressing how the Canadian firearm community feels. They have kicked the hornets nest, they will regret it soon enough.

CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario