Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MR WOLVERINE's QUESTION PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    at the end of the day,,all we need to do is NOT TURN IN ANY GUNS,,,they will freak out and wont believe they can be so PUBLICLY defied,,,to make matters worst,,THEY cant even know WHere all those guns are,,,LOL,,they have never swallowed the fact THEY LOST THE LGR,,,they only want OUR guns for themselves,,the hate for the public to better armed than THEM,,,,
    my thoughts exactly. if no one hands in their non-restricted versions, and only the stripped receivers are handed in for the restricted swiss arms and cz858s that will really really piss them off. screw em.
    You think that guns kill people? Bro, sometimes they are the only things that save lives!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    John;

If you can state it publicly, what is the reason of the prohibition (I just caught wind and am catching up)? Does this reason hold water under current law?

What was, or would be, the current retail price per unit of the 858?

What was, or would be, the current retail price per unit of the magazines? Are the magazines 100% proprietary to the 858?

What other accessories are proprietary to the 858 and now useless to the owners should they surrender their rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Wolverine Supplies imported 9,394 CZ 858 rifles between 2005 and 2012, approx. 500 of these were restricted due to barrel length. Only 550 left CZ before 2007. If the Government paid compensation at retail it would total over six million. The RCMP did examine the CZ 858 before classification in 2005. The internal receiver has remained unchanged during the whole time of production.

Wolverine Supplies imported the first BRS 99 into Canada, I will have to check my records to see if the RCMP made a physical examination or not. I still have serial # 1 in my safe.
    So by this count that makes 8844 rifles that have been reclassified? Are all of the 8844 CZ858 the newly prohibited rifles? Exactly what model designations are prohibited, 2P, 2V, 4V?

Normally I wouldn't post in your dealer area out of respect, but with these circumstances I hope you can forgive the faux pas in etiquette as I'm gathering information to help with what I can.
    Last edited by loki_81; 03-01-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_81 View Post
    John;

If you can state it publicly, what is the reason of the prohibition (I just caught wind and am catching up)? Does this reason hold water under current law?

What was, or would be, the current retail price per unit of the 858?

What was, or would be, the current retail price per unit of the magazines? Are the magazines 100% proprietary to the 858?

What other accessories are proprietary to the 858 and now useless to the owners should they surrender their rifles?

So by this count that makes 8844 rifles that have been reclassified? Are all of the 8844 CZ858 the newly prohibited rifles? Exactly what model designations are prohibited, 2P, 2V, 4V?

Normally I wouldn't post in your dealer area out of respect, but with these circumstances I hope you can forgive the faux pas in etiquette as I'm gathering information to help with what I can.
    There is a little background info that is best not shared just yet, but I will answer as best as I can, although I am not in my office right now.

The reason for the prohibition: The RCMP must be claiming that the CZ 858 receiver differed after 2007, I saw no difference myself. The samples that we first supplied in 2005 for examination had the same internal welds as the last shipment. I have no information from the shipments that CBSA seized a year ago as all the relevant documents released to me under the Access to Information act had been censored.

Last retail was approx. $695.00

Mags were approx. $45.00 and used only by that "family" of rifles.

The list of other accessories that are unique to that family is huge, try checking our web site for details. There are also many other Canadian dealers who make accessories for these rifles.

The model designations are confused as they originally referred to barrel lengths and butt stock, the stocks can of course be changed.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-01-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My best estimate would be 12.5 million dollars, and that is with out any acceassaries.
    Yep , I paid you about 700 for mine and then bought the stocks , grips , rail , brakes , extended and ambi everything and the full spare parts kit plus a trip to Arma-Coat and more mags . About 1,600 .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    same thing here with just the accessories im probably around 1300 and added the .22lr conversion kit at Christmas ..
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for all your hard work John, because of this thread I have joined the CSSA and the NFA today. Enough is enough, any one wanna sell me a cheap 858 .

John, you made the following statement on another thread, please elaborate: "The AR15 can be attacked from a different direction, she is no safer than anything else."
    Crazy......but that's how it goes.

CGN Regular
    So ideally the 2-3+ organizations should merge
    At least one lobbyist and several lawyers are in play

Is there anyone writing a new Firearms Act and\or CC amendments that the government can just mostly adopt with minimal modifications required?
    And similar for smaller scale members bills to be submitted?

This is quite common practice in the US and handing them legislation 90-99% pre-written and vetted by firearm friendly lawyers and actual knowledgeable people seems to be the quickest route to getting anything passed in a timely fashion. If the government lawyers just start from scratch now, they wont make the election deadline, and it'll be as confusing and contradictory as this one is.

Doing the politicians work for them isn't always a bad thing. And a legal team shouldn't be that costly to field given the upside potential...

My question is not about the prohibition that did happen,but about the organisation like the NFA and CSSA,i wonder why we have 2 organisation,why they dont merge into one ?
    If gun's kill people,mine must be defective !

Mr. Wolverine

Sorry didn't know you now had a questions thread!

Please see Post #251 in the following thread

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-Prohib/page26