Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My MP's reply, keep up the pressure.

Good response. I hope they take your offer of sitting on a possible committee to heart, you'd be a great help to all of us there.
    89AA04004

CGN Regular
    Thank you Wolverine. It's tremendous news that they would request your consultation on an advisory board but that's gotta be a good chunk of your valuable time. You can definitely count on my shopping dollars in the future.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Good replies. However, it is interesting that they all say "owners who have acted in good faith" will not be penalized. I wouldn't put it past the gov't to make the firearms prohibited for anyone who doesn't currently own one (sort of like full autos and converted autos), and grandfather those who do. That way, "current owners who acted in good faith" will not be considered criminals, the guns are still banned, no confiscations and therefore no compensation need be offered, but of course the guns are worthless. I don't trust any of them. We have to keep the pressure up to make sure that this classification nonsense is just shut down for good, and not "tinkered" with.

Ed
    Member CSSA, NFA, CCFR

"Conversation just kinda dried up, ma'am"
    John Wayne, "The Undefeated"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    I'm interested in any NDP / LPC MP responses ..........

Hi there guys, I have collected many guns over the years and I just target shoot at the calgary shooing center. I need to know how to find out who my MP's are that I need to get in contact with this Almost every friend of mine shoots CZ 858, so please help me make an Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
    Good replies. However, it is interesting that they all say "owners who have acted in good faith" will not be penalized. I wouldn't put it past the gov't to make the firearms prohibited for anyone who doesn't currently own one (sort of like full autos and converted autos), and grandfather those who do. That way, "current owners who acted in good faith" will not be considered criminals, the guns are still banned, no confiscations and therefore no compensation need be offered, but of course the guns are worthless. I don't trust any of them. We have to keep the pressure up to make sure that this classification nonsense is just shut down for good, and not "tinkered" with.

Ed
    Exactly, no one is saying they are going to reverse this decision. Then again if they grandfather, perhaps I could just tell them I have one and get my 12.XX

Just out of Curioustiy, How many letters have you guys sent to your MP's before you get a response back?
    I have sent numerous to my MP- Jason Kenny, and I have gotten no response back except for the electronic reply indicating that the remail was recieved to his account.
    Thoughts?
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

keep up the good work John, we can win this thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    Just out of Curioustiy, How many letters have you guys sent to your MP's before you get a response back?
    I have sent numerous to my MP- Jason Kenny, and I have gotten no response back except for the electronic reply indicating that the remail was recieved to his account.
    Thoughts?
    I haven't received any reply. One letter sent June.11/13, one today.

Quote Originally Posted by gangstaoutlaw View Post
    Hi there guys, I have collected many guns over the years and I just target shoot at the calgary shooing center. I need to know how to find out who my MP's are that I need to get in contact with this Almost every friend of mine shoots CZ 858, so please help me make an Impact.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compi....aspx?Menu=HOC

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast