Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My MP's reply, keep up the pressure.

I got a similar response as everyone else, a call back from his office in Ottawa. (MP Bernard Trottier)

I got a similar response from Larry this morning. Minus the committee part of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    Just out of Curioustiy, How many letters have you guys sent to your MP's before you get a response back?
    I have sent numerous to my MP- Jason Kenny, and I have gotten no response back except for the electronic reply indicating that the remail was recieved to his account.
    Thoughts?
    I wrote a letter Friday on the Sig rifle, a second letter on the CZ 858 Sat and I made a phone call to my MP,s office this morning. Today I receiving an e-mail reply and a most interesting phone call!

keep up the pressure, write, e-mail, phone you must show you are serious! and that you VOTE!!

Similar response from Mr. Maguire here as well

Thank you for sending me a quick note on this issue.

I am very troubled by the situation that has arisen with Swiss Arms rifles and now the CZ-858. This decision was made by bureaucrats, not the Minister. The Minister has therefore ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision. All options are on the table to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation. All of these options are being explored on an urgent basis.

I have also been reaching out to numerous firearms owners in Southwestern Manitoba to seek what specific steps need to be taken to reform the system. I will make sure the concerns of Brandon-Souris are heard in Ottawa and I will continue to represent your interests in Government.

I have also taken the liberty of personally forwarding your concerns to the Minister and have asked that he respond to you directly.

If I can ever be of any assistance on any federally related matter, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Larry N. Maguire, MP

Brandon-Souris

Mr. Warkentin is my MP. I'm glad I got a letter to him as quickly as I did. Many more will follow.
    Former Proud NFA member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Today I receiving an e-mail reply and a most interesting phone call!

keep up the pressure, write, e-mail, phone you must show you are serious! and that you VOTE!!
    Tone of optimism?

Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-03-2014 at 03:20 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by D P View Post
    This decision was made by bureaucrats and not by politicians. That is why the Minister of Public Safety has ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision. I would like to let all Canadians know that all options are on the table to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this terrible situation. All of the options are being explored on a very urgent basis.”

“Unlike the Liberals and NDP who want to bring back the wasteful and ineffective long-gun registry, Our Government has and will always stand up for law-abiding gun owners. This is an unacceptable situation,” concluded Benoit. “I’m pleased that the Minister is taking action to hold these bureaucrats to account by ordering a review of the decision. Every action should be taken to ensure that no law-abiding gun owners who acted in good faith should suffer any consequences as a result of this situation. They need answers now.”
    At the risk of sounding paranoid, I would point out that it was CONSERVATIVE politicians who rammed Bill C-68 down our throats in the first place. This talking point that they are all responding with seems calculated to distance themselves from that absolute fact. They have not always stood up for law-abiding gun owners, and depending on which way these "politicians" feel the wind is blowing, they will certainly be happy to stand on our collective necks again. Count on it. Ipersonally will not let them forget that.

As long as they feel that they will pay at the polls, we can maybe hold their betrayal at bay for a while. Maybe even finally force some sensible reform in the Firearms Act.

Quote Originally Posted by gangstaoutlaw View Post
    Hi there guys, I have collected many guns over the years and I just target shoot at the calgary shooing center. I need to know how to find out who my MP's are that I need to get in contact with this Almost every friend of mine shoots CZ 858, so please help me make an Impact.
    There's a link in the thread that is top o' the page when you log into the CGN forum.

Look in "Greeting & Intrduction",

Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification: A brief explanation of the gun ban

The link is at the bottom of the first post.
    Last edited by joe.danay; 03-03-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

I dont own either of these rifles, but this def effects us all in the community. I have sent emails to PM Harper, M.o. Justice, M.o. Public Safety and my local MP. Keep up the fight, we cant let this snow ball!!

Anything else you think I can do to help let me know! We all need to do our part!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RMXC51's Avatar
    I got the same response from Mr. Maguire, a mere 30 minutes after emailing him. This is what I sent, if anyone cares.

Good Morning Mr. Maguire,

I have never contacted my MP prior to today. I have been meaning to for some time, regarding efforts to have the Luger P08 pistol reclassified from prohibited to restricted status in the firearms act. As a person with a deep appreciation for our national history, I find it beyond appalling that these symbols of Canadian victory over tyranny in two world wars are constantly destroyed or deactivated because an un-elected and nameless bureaucrat at RCMP headquarters says their barrels are 3mm too short to be registered as restricted weapons. Good men rose up and fought for our freedom, bringing these pistols home as a symbol of their triumph over evil. I believe the Luger should be preserved as another way to honor the brave veterans who risked everything to obtain them.

That was my original purpose for contacting you. But a situation bordering on outright evil has me writing this note today.

You have probably guessed that I am talking about the RCMP's reclassification of both Swiss Arms and CZ 858 rifles to prohibited. This makes criminals out of thousands of people who owned these rifles legally the previous day. The fact that no compensation has been offered makes this an outright theft in my mind - theft of legally owned property that the RCMP itself allowed to be imported and legally sold in this country for a decade. This speaks not only to the incompetence of the RCMP firearms lab, but the arrogance and total disregard by the RCMP for the most law abiding and responsible sector of our society - legal Canadian firearms owners. I would think that our national police force would want to partner and maintain excellent relations with firearms owners. Instead, they have proved time and again that their sole interest is to manipulate, bully and steal our property.

I respectfully ask that you and your fellow Conservative Party members take immediate action to both reign in the RCMP and force them to be held accountable for their actions, and re-write our firearms act so that travesties like this can never again be forced upon the good people of Canada.

Sincerely,
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast