Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My MP's reply, keep up the pressure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by relliott View Post
    Sorry, typing too fast (sneaking it in at work) and my brain filled in the wrong number. Yes C17 was Kim Campbell's precursor to the Liberal C68. Shouldn't have made that error, since I was standing 20 feet from Mr. Rock when he finally deigned to speak to the angry masses... And of course blow us all off.

C17, then C51,then C68.
    I thought that's probably what you meant.

I like Bob Zimmers response, my MP's reply seemed generic and unsatisfying, but is the only reply I've seen after emailing every and I mean every MP, and Minister. I don't care if they are the minister of oceans or foreign affairs I want everyone to know where I stand as a firearm owner.

Here is Earl Dreeshen reply

Dear Patrick:
    Thank you very much for the recent email expressing your concerns with the reclassification of the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle. Your letter was indeed read with great interest.

When this issue was brought to my attention, I immediately spoke with like-minded associations, groups and individuals who have also raised their concerns. Please know that I will continue to reach out and listen to these organizations as the Government looks into this matter on an urgent basis.

Thanks again for taking the time to make me aware of your views and know that I will continue to stand up for law-abiding gun owners.

Best wishes.

Earl Dreeshen, MP
    Red Deer
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Keep the letters, emails and phone calls coming gentleman.....we have to keep the pressure up, what we have seen so far is a good start but no where near where we want it to end.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    From: Larry.Maguire@parl.gc.ca [mailto:Larry.Maguire@parl.gc.ca]
    Sent: March-03-14 10:58 AM
    To: John Hipwell
    Subject: RE: Conservative firearm reclassification.

Hi John,

Thank you for sending me a quick note on this issue and for the background material from the RCMP officer.

I am very troubled by the situation that has arisen with Swiss Arms rifles and now the CZ-858. This decision was made by bureaucrats, not the Minister. The Minister has therefore ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision. All options are on the table to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation. All of these options are being explored on an urgent basis.

I have also been reaching out to numerous firearms owners in Southwestern Manitoba to seek what specific steps need to be taken to reform the system. I will make sure the concerns of Brandon-Souris are heard in Ottawa and I will continue to represent your interests in Government.

I have also taken the liberty of personally forwarding your concerns and offering yourself to sit on a possible firearms technical committee to the Minister and have asked that he respond to you directly. If the Government moved forward on such a committee, I believe your experience and knowledge would be a tremendous asset.

If I can ever be of any assistance on any federally related matter, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
    Larry

That's funny, allot of the wording on my MP's letter is the same. Is this a generic, what they have been told to say in this situation..........

Dear Jason,

On behalf of Michael, thank you for your email. He appreciates that you took the time to raise this issue with him. Michael has raised the issue with the Minister and his caucus colleagues.

The Minister has made it clear that this decision was made by bureaucrats and not the Minister. He has therefore ordered an urgent review of the decision. All options are being explored, on an urgent basis, to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation.

Again thank you for contacting Michael about this.

Sincerely,

Jim Smith,
    Constituency Assistant to
    Hon. Michael Chong, P.C., M.P.
    Wellington-Halton Hills
    michael.chong.c1a@parl.gc.ca
    Toll free 1-866-878-5556
    www.michaelchong.ca
    Last edited by J Ace; 03-04-2014 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Spelling

Got this from the PM's office:

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister. In your e-mail, you raised an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully noted. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Blaney, who, I am certain, will wish to give your views every consideration.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.

J.P. Vachon
    Manager
    Executive Correspondence Services for the Prime Minister's Office

Here's my MP's response... A scripted reply:

Thank you for contacting the office of Robert Goguen, Member of Parliament for Moncton – Riverview - Dieppe.

Robert appreciates having the benefit of your views and all comments are brought to his attention. Your email will be carefully reviewed and then forwarded to the appropriate departments for further consideration. Rest assured that our Government will continue to take the necessary actions to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation.

Regards,

Office of Robert Goguen, Q.C., M.P.

Moncton – Riverview – Dieppe

Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice

t: 613-992-8072

f: 613-992-8083

CGN Regular
    Waiting for my MP's response...

My reply from the PM's Office:

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister. In your e-mail, you raised an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully noted. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Blaney, who, I am certain, will wish to give your views every consideration.

For more information on the Government's initiatives, please visit www.pm.gc.ca.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.

J.P. Vachon
    Manager/Gestionnaire
    Executive Correspondence Services
    for the Prime Minister's Office
    Services de la correspondance
    de la haute direction
    pour le Cabinet du Premier ministre

This is going to take more then writing letters only to receive scripted replies...... Please, fellow Canadians, let's shed our passivity and fight this at every level!!!!

Just got off the phone with my MP!
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast