Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My MP's reply, keep up the pressure.

Good job guys keep the fight up for our rights and freedom. KEEP UP THE FIGHT

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Never heard back from my liberal MP.

Emailed my MP today ....didn't get a response from him the last time .....time will tell

My followup to my MP's (Ron Cannan, Kelowna Lake Country BC) also cc to PMO and Blaney.
    "
    Ron,

Thank you so very much for responding to my concerns.

Minister Blaney, put forth amnesty?

It sounds like the RCMP and bureaucrats have been given the amnesty, (the get out of jail card).

When will the Minister flex and use the power he has been granted by the Canadian public?

When will he publicly demonstrate that the RCMP is subordinate to the Parliament of Canada?

When will he make Canadians proud of the office he holds?

David K
    "

My MP is NDP Jinny Sims, and she is the education critic...Was the BC Teacher's Federation union head. She is an outspoken advocate for gun control and never returns phone calls. Educated in England. 'nuff said.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

got a response

Thank you for writing to my office regarding recent changes to the classifications of Canadian firearms. I always appreciate hearing the concerns of my constituents on matters that are important to them.

My caucus colleague, Minister Steven Blaney is very troubled by the situation that has recently arisen with certain firearms. This decision was made by bureaucrats, not the Minister, and he has therefore ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision. We have decided to bring forward an amnesty to ensure that individuals in possession of these firearms can continue to possess their property without threat of criminal charges.

Our Government will continue to take the necessary actions to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation. Once again, thank you for writing. Should you have any further questions or concerns you wish to raise, on any issue, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Guy Lauzon
    Member of Parliament
    Stormont-Dundas-South Glengarry

Here's the response from my MP.

"Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting my office recently sharing your concerns about the reclassification of the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle.

Rest assured, this matter is being looked into on an urgent basis.

I support law-abiding gun owners and am working with Minister Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and National Security to take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Your views are important to me.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Respectfully,

Daryl Kramp, MP Prince Edward-Hastings

Chair, Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security"
    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est. -Seneca

No response from my MP as of yet. I like the momentum this is getting. News/media is the next hurdle. Lots of my peers don't even know this is happening. Keep up the fight!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bush24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    got a response

Thank you for writing to my office regarding recent changes to the classifications of Canadian firearms. I always appreciate hearing the concerns of my constituents on matters that are important to them.

My caucus colleague, Minister Steven Blaney is very troubled by the situation that has recently arisen with certain firearms. This decision was made by bureaucrats, not the Minister, and he has therefore ordered an urgent review of this unfortunate decision. We have decided to bring forward an amnesty to ensure that individuals in possession of these firearms can continue to possess their property without threat of criminal charges.

Our Government will continue to take the necessary actions to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation. Once again, thank you for writing. Should you have any further questions or concerns you wish to raise, on any issue, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Guy Lauzon
    Member of Parliament
    Pretty much the same response as well.

Good afternoon,

I would like to follow up with you on your recent email regarding the reclassification of certain firearms in Canada.

Our Government will continue to take the necessary actions to ensure that no firearms owner who acted in good faith suffers any consequences as a result of this situation.

Best regards,

Guy Lauzon
    Member of Parliament

Well, I sent a letter to my Liberal MP in Toronto Centre. I think there's about as much chance of hearing back as there is for me to hook up with Kate Upton, but I'm giving it a shot.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast