Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: My MP's reply, keep up the pressure.

Mr. Wolverine, you're a hero in my book. You have my unconditional loyalty next time I'm looking for a rifle I will be looking to wolverine first.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Why isn't anyone making a stink about other items the RCMP has "deemed" prohibited? They seem to think certain magazines are prohibited as well even though they are identical to the 1000's of others out there in circulation. Hopefully this attention finally slams the door on this sort of idiocy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    This is just awesome. Let s carry on
    Last edited by Canada tail; 03-04-2014 at 10:31 PM.

From my MP:

Thank you for your e-mail. We are looking into this matter on an urgent basis. Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others.

Mike Wallace

I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow
    Ottawa, ON

March 4, 2014

Keith,

Thank you for writing to me with your comments regarding the recent reclassification of the Swiss Arms Classic rifle and my Question in the House of Commons.

I appreciate your comments and value your support and encouragement. I will continue to stand for the rights of law-abiding gun owners in the Peace Country and across Canada.

The Minister of Public Safety, Steven Blaney has ordered an urgent review of this decision and has assured me that those who bought the rifle in good faith will not suffer consequences as a result of this disturbing decision made by bureaucrats. Minister Blaney has decided to bring forward amnesty to ensure thindividuals in possession of these firearms can continue to possess their property without threat of criminal charges. This decision will extend to the CZ 858 rifle.

The amnesty period that has been brought forward will allow continued use of these rifles while the review of the reclassification is underway.

Thank you again for your comments and support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

Chris Warkentin, MP

I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow
    my reply.

Good afternoon Mr. Warkentin,

Thank you for your response regarding the Swiss arms and CZ family of rifles. I do appreciate your work, the Conservative Parties work and the work of Mr. Steve Blaney in granting amnesty to the owners of these rifles.

My main concern now looking forward is if their prohibited status can be over turned and returned back to their non restricted status. Also I want to make sure that this kind of move by the RCMP can never be made again, wether the fire arm is Non restricted or restricted in nature.

The removal of the long gun registry was one step in the right direction, now that the RCMP has shed light on this situation more needs to be done to change the Canadian firearms act.

Thanks you for your reply Mr. Warkentin. I look forward to the future as a Canadian gun owner, sportsman and Hunter. I am always available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I've dealt with Wolverine many times and always had a good experience! Thank you for all that you are doing and you have my full support going forward.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    "I believe your experience and knowledge would be a tremendous asset."

Sounds like someone needs to be on that committee!

(wink wink)
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

delete
    Last edited by bigbush; 02-28-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567