Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheryl Gallant Petition

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    I think some gently worded letters to Cheryl that the whole classification system and prohibited class must go are in order instead. Be nice, the woman is trying to help us out after all, and I do appreciate that fact. We cannot just let ourselves get set up for more problems down the road.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Granted that it might not be perfect, but if the committee is made up of 4 industry members with actual firearms knowledge and understanding, it has to be better than what we have. Could be used as part of the checks and balance. I'm not even saying it will go through, but it does show people want change and won't live with the status quo. Cheryl has not proposed that this bill take precedent over a complete firearms act revamp as well.

While I agree that a complete rewrite of the firearms act is needed, they don't have time to get that accomplished before the next election. It's easy to sit back and demand it, but I for one damn sure want to make sure that if they do it, they do it right, and it is well thought out, well worded and exactly what WE want. I don't want a rushed job on something as important to our future shooting as this.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

This is certainly not the ideal solution, but short term it might help. The long term ideal would be a completely new system, even if there was the will it would take years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    I think Mrs Cheryl Gallant is trying to make up for the bone head comments she made about veterans with PTSD.
    She made those comments at the start of February. This petition was published in October.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoPac View Post
    Rather than the RCMP and the Ontario Forensic department, I would prefer to see a national statistician or even an actuary who could shed light on projected safety concerns based on collected data. IE. incident reports, crimes committed, etc. I would guess that with current Canadian data, there would be little to support the restriction of most if not all firearms.
    According to Wendy, those stats prove that the firearms act prevents some 600 cases of domestic firearm homicide against women annually. Yes, I know she's a lying ####, but who would appoint the person in charge of spinning said data?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Granted that it might not be perfect, but if the committee is made up of 4 industry members with actual firearms knowledge and understanding, it has to be better than what we have. Could be used as part of the checks and balance. I'm not even saying it will go through, but it does show people want change and won't live with the status quo. Cheryl has not proposed that this bill take precedent over a complete firearms act revamp as well.

While I agree that a complete rewrite of the firearms act is needed, they don't have time to get that accomplished before the next election. It's easy to sit back and demand it, but I for one damn sure want to make sure that if they do it, they do it right, and it is well thought out, well worded and exactly what WE want. I don't want a rushed job on something as important to our future shooting as this.
    You mean like the Firearms Advisory Committee? The one the CPC kicked out civilian experts in favor of 3 police chiefs?

How is making another committee better when that is how they treat the first?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    You mean like the Firearms Advisory Committee? The one the CPC kicked out industry experts in favor of 3 police chiefs?

If it's worded properly in a Bill, that option wouldn't be there. Beats having the RCMP do it all. Just because something fails the first time doesn't mean it shouldn't be attempted again with a few changes to make things better. We'd still be using stone axes and pointy sticks if everyone just quit after something didn't work right the first attempt.

Once bitten twice shy.

You mean like the Firearms Advisory Committee? The one the CPC kicked out civilian experts in favor of 3 police chiefs?

That would depend how it was set up, what their Mandate was and if they were allowed to have real teeth. No teeth equals an empty gesture only. After the current screw up maybe they would be allowed teeth?

Once bitten twice shy.
    Geez then I guess guys like Mr. Wolverine and myself should have stopped fighting for this 25 years ago if that is the case

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast