Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cheryl Gallant Petition

CGN Regular
    How is this committee to be set up?

I see

1) RCMP
    2) Ontario Forensics Lab
    3) 4 appointed civilian firearms experts

How many RCMP will be on this committee? one, four, ten?? Even if its only one how will the committee work - will it be decided by vote? If there is only one RCMP member will they have more weight than the rest?

What is the forensics lab?

Overall, how would decisions be made.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    How is this committee to be set up?

I see

1) RCMP
    2) Ontario Forensics Lab
    3) 4 appointed civilian firearms experts

How many RCMP will be on this committee? one, four, ten?? Even if its only one how will the committee work - will it be decided by vote? If there is only one RCMP member will they have more weight than the rest?

What is the forensics lab?

Overall, how would decisions be made.
    More like

1-RCMP
    2-Ont Forensics Lab
    3- 4 appointed civi's from PETA and the Anti gun crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

The ONLY solution to this whole mess is to repeal the Firearms Act and replace it with legislation that respects the rights of Canadians to own and use firearms responsibly! And it MUST be done BEFORE the next election, I will NOT allow this to be the promise in the next election to get my vote! The CPC is either going to fix this NOW or they will lose my support both financially AND at the ballot box! NO COMPROMISE!

Here is the letter I wrote the PM immediately after the amnesty announcement... Voice your opinion folks, it's the ONLY thing that will get their attention to fix this mess!

There can be NO COMPROMISE!
    Exactly this! This feels like they are going to use the firearms community as their ace in the hole to ensure they keep getting voted in. We voted them in the last election with the promise of getting rid of the long gun registry which they did. Now they will take further baby steps to keep getting voted in and use that example as a proof of keeping promises. This is not something to be used a ####ing bardering chip, this is people's lives facing jail time and prosecution not to mention private property being stolen back from law abiding citizens. I'm going to end my rant there before I go full retard, but this is BS. The government was voted in to office and elected to protect the people and their rights, the RCMP was formed to help serve and protect the population - Our law enforcement is now going after law abiding citizens for crimes they have not comitted and our government is dangling a string in front of our face waiting to see how high we will jump for them. The firearms act needs to go, and CPC needs to do so before the next election.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    1 RCMP, 1 ON FORENSICS LAB, 4 Civilians.
    The forensics lab does firearms testing. The RCMP member will not have more weight.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I keep hearing this "if they don't do it now I'll pull my vote". My question is then, to who? The liberals? They get in, all guns GONE... The NDP...They get in, all guns GONE The Libertarians, I agree with a lot of what they have to say but right now, wasted vote and either the Liberals or NDP get in....guns GONE.

As I have said before, I too agree the entire Firearms Act needs to be rewritten, but to ask a Government to rewrite such an important and detailed bill as that in a short time period is just ridiculous. I would rather they do it right the first time, or all we will be hearing from people is, geez they jumped the gun and they missed this and this or they didn't listen to us and do this. I want it to be done properly so people are not made instant criminals. I'm also willing to give the government some time to put something in place to curtail things until they can get the FA redone.

I'll take the small forward steps because it is the most positive steps we have had in the last 20 some years. Wars are won in the small engagements, one at a time. The all or nothing, I'm taking my football and going home attitude really isn't realistic and is dangerous, as it could lose any positive ground we have gotten. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War, there is a reason that places like West Point teach from it.

There is an old joke about a young bull and an old bull on a hide side looking down on a pasture full of heifers, and I think the underlying lesson from it kind of applies now.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    As I have said before, I too agree the entire Firearms Act needs to be rewritten, but to ask a Government to rewrite such an important and detailed bill as that in a short time period is just ridiculous. I would rather they do it right the first time, or all we will be hearing from people is, geez they jumped the gun and they missed this and this or they didn't listen to us and do this. I want it to be done properly so people are not made instant criminals. I'm also willing to give the government some time to put something in place to curtail things until they can get the FA redone.
    The promise was made in 2002. They had 12 years.

Let's face it. They have us by the short and curlies.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    The promise was made in 2002. They had 12 years.

Let's face it. They have us by the short and curlies.
    12 years with most of that time as a minority government. The rewrite of the FA wasn't going to happen as a minority government, and as a first time majority, they have to prove themselves to everyone, not just us. They don't have us by anything, because if we want to point blame where blame is due, we are at fault. We let this happen the back in the 90's because we couldn't stop fighting amongst ourselves long enough to unite and stop the liberals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    She made those comments at the start of February. This petition was published in October.
    So she planned to make the PTSD comments since October? How diabolical!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    1 RCMP, 1 ON FORENSICS LAB, 4 Civilians.
    The forensics lab does firearms testing. The RCMP member will not have more weight.
    Sounds like a good system to me. Especially if we can get Mr. Wolverine in that group!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."- General George Patton Jr, NFA, CSSA and NRA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    signed
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax