Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Cheryl Gallant Petition

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    2 petitions > 1 petition > 0 petitions. Both support positive change, we need to take every inch they give and demand more. All or nothing stance will yield us nothing. Every gun owner in canada, let alone every GunNutter is not significant enough of a voting base to sway any Canadian party to a majority, let alone lose one. Sure, we could all vote libertarian because they will take on our plight. It was already said though, how many seats would that give them, if any? Not even close to an opposition party, not even a small voice in the house; where does that leave us? Look at this rationally instead of emotionally.

If we are inflexible and demand complete repeal or nothing, immediately, and it's not feasible for any party to provide, they will simply cut their losses, forget about our votes and carry on. We need to take small steps, gain public approval and support and sway the momentum to our side. There's no such thing as a bad petition whose aim is to both reduce firearm owner restriction, and take power away from the RCMP, whose agenda has become quite evident.
    Very well said!
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

BAN C68. That's all

I've signed the petition, but I have to ask myself. Why does an influential Member of Parliament, a member of
    the governing party, have to instigate a petition in order to make her own party listen to her in regards to an
    issue that is obviously very important to many of their voters and party faithful.

CGN Regular
    Considering what just happened with the reclassifications, and that this motion was put forth last October, isn't it time Blaney considered signing off on something like this? Excuse my ignorance of our political system, but how quickly could something like this be passed into law?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112