Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheryl Gallant Petition

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar

Cheryl Gallant Petition

Here is a link to Cheryl Gallants petition for firearms reforms and to stop the reclassification of firearms. Please take a minute to sign this and keep those emails, letters and phone calls going to your MP.

http://responsiblefirearmsreform.ca/...-confiscation/
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    I think I can put 2 + 2 together. Equals 4 right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Not to shoot down her initiative, I am happy that she is trying, but is this a real fix or just another band aid? And is there any guarantee that a future government could not just appoint a group of antis on this commitee and #### us all over again?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    (v) shall be composed of the following members, 1) RCMP, 2) Ontario Forensic Centre, 3) four individuals appointed to the committee as civilian firearms experts.

Appointed by who??? For a term of how long? Requirements for being an expert?

Is this the same motion that was rejected by the NFA? This motion was put forth originally on October 16, 2013 and got considerable push back here. Everyone cheered at first, thinking change was good. Then people started reading it and trying to decipher it.

It wasn't what was needed then, and still isn't the solution we need now. Another band aid fix to a broken firearms act.
    Last edited by fenceline; 03-04-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

No thank you.

My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "RJD". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

[QUOTE=fenceline;9803573
    Is this the same motion that was rejected by the NFA? This motion was put forth originally on October 16, 2013 and got considerable push back here.

It wasn't what was needed then, and still isn't the solution we need now. Another band aid fix to a broken firearms act.[/QUOTE]
    +1. Feels like another attempt to throw us a bone to keep us quiet, without addressing the problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    Let's face it, Canada will never be as lax as the US and even in the US gun control is a hot & touchy issue. We will never please everybody even amongst gun owners so I feel Cheryl Gallants efforts are as good or better than anything else on the table right now, if and when another MP suggests something better we can cross that bridge then.

Life is short, make the most of it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Why would another MP suggest something else if we bite on this?

Go research US gun laws by state, the aren't lax. In many cases they are as restrictive, if not more restrictive than Canada. California and ?New York are easy examples.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Cheryl Gallant means well BUT her Private Member's Bill is not the answer. It leaves the whole classification & prohibition mess intact. I can NOT support it for this reason!

The ONLY solution to this whole mess is to repeal the Firearms Act and replace it with legislation that respects the rights of Canadians to own and use firearms responsibly! And it MUST be done BEFORE the next election, I will NOT allow this to be the promise in the next election to get my vote! The CPC is either going to fix this NOW or they will lose my support both financially AND at the ballot box! NO COMPROMISE!

Here is the letter I wrote the PM immediately after the amnesty announcement... Voice your opinion folks, it's the ONLY thing that will get their attention to fix this mess!

Dear Prime Minister Harper;

I think we can agree, the recent firearm reclassification fiasco has caused much embarrassment to the Conservative Government of Canada and damaged its loyal Conservative support base. Unbelievably, after the RCMP was publically admonished in the House of Commons by your Minister of Public Safety Steven Blaney, the RCMP turned around and DID IT AGAIN by prohibiting a second type of rifle! I honestly can not believe their audacity!

Initially, I was happy to see Minister Blaney announce an amnesty to begin to address this bureaucratic miscarriage of justice by the RCMP. And then I got to thinking what the term 'amnesty' actually means. Here is what I found;
    Amnesty by definition
    1. a general pardon for offenses, especially political offenses, against a government, often granted before any trial or conviction.
    2. an act of forgiveness for past offenses, especially to a class of persons as a whole.
    3. a forgetting or overlooking of any past offense.

Prime Minister Harper, how ironic is it that I need an amnesty to prevent the RCMP from seizing my private property and charging me with possession of a prohibited firearm, not to mention that I would face three years in prison, WHEN I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!

I think it is abundantly clear to you now that there is only one acceptable fix for this situation, the Firearms Act must be rescinded BEFORE the next election. Nothing short of this will make me happy OR see me vote Conservative in the next election. Promises of future fixes will not cut it! Sweeping legislative changes must be enacted to recognize the rights of Canadians to own and use firearms responsibly.

There can be NO COMPROMISE!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Signed
    Granted the proposed bill is far from perfect. But right now oversight is essentially RCMP. The proposed committee might still be mostly RCMP, but if we get even one civilian on it, its a step forward.
    Evolution vs revolution.
    And if the one civilian is John ...
    Member OFAH, CSSA

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast