Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pricing

Pricing

I don't know if any of you have noticed, Ellwood Epps has jacked up their prices of items already in stock and previously listed at a lower price. This is very noticeable with their stock of Glock Pistols which have jumped in price $30-$40 more per pistol. Why do dealers do this? It certainly doesn't endear them with their customers.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

Yes, I've been watching the price of Glock 17 on the Epps and other sites as well. it seems that the less that Epps has in stock the higher the price...I also noticed other supplier selling out of that same pistol. I guess this is supply and demand issue. I should just pull the trigger and buy the darn thing.

from what a friend told me prices of goods will be going up between 5-15% due to the us dollar
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    from what a friend told me prices of goods will be going up between 5-15% due to the us dollar
    You have a good point. But why should there be price increases on existing stock that has been paid for? The exchange rate on the dollar shouldn't (I'm no expert here) have an effect on existing stock.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

it is easier to raise the price on everything, than put a sticker old inventory and new one
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

Quote Originally Posted by jobbass View Post
    it is easier to raise the price on everything, than put a sticker old inventory and new one
    Except the Epps inventory system allows for each individual item in stock to have its own price. Therefore, a dollar value change does not have to affect existing stock. In fact, it would be more effort to go back and update prices on inventory.
    The sagging dollar may still be why the prices on inventory changed, but the motive for that change, well...
    "Howdy! I'm a Cowboy! BANG! BANG! B-B-B-BANG! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Bullet Bullet Gun! -- Emmet Brickowoski
    Member:

BANNED
    delete
    Last edited by jonythebeast; 01-20-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Sounds logical, but it is not. I don't know about you, but when our dollar went from 60 cents to par, I did not notice firearms or anything else for that matter go down 40%. The slumping dollar is just another excuse to screw the Canadian consumer. That excuse just doesn't fly.
    You can't fix stupid.

CGN frequent flyer
    Another reason to buy elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    You have a good point. But why should there be price increases on existing stock that has been paid for? The exchange rate on the dollar shouldn't (I'm no expert here) have an effect on existing stock.
    The majority of Canadian distributors in the firearms industry use what is called Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) for their products. In order for retailers to carry that line of goods, they must agree to retail those products no lower than the MAP. This includes all products in that line, whether new or old stock.

The same holds true with gasoline prices. When oil prices rise, so too do prices at the pump, regardless of whether the gasoline being sold was already in the ground tanks or not.

With regard to the fluctuation of prices when the Canadian Dollar is stronger, this is also reflected in the MAP pricing when available. Smith & Wesson M&P pistols, for example, weer $699.00, but were reduced to $650.00 when the Dollar rose to near-par with the US greenback. But as the Canadian Dollar falters, and as import costs, duties and taxes increase accordingly, distributors cannot be expected to absorb those fees, and must pass those costs on to the end consumer if they are to continue to carry those products for distribution. Unfortunately, this means that the end retail price must increase, which brings the vicious circle full-cycle back to the consumer's wallet.

Believe me when I tell you that we here at Epps are not pleased with any pricing increases we are forced to apply to our inventory. We, like yourselves, are gun owners and gun buyers, and we, too, loathe the days when we are forced to hand out more money for a product that was less expensive only 24 hours ago.

Please keep in mind, however, that Ellwood Epps does maintain a price-matching policy. If a competing retailer does carry the exact same model IN STOCK at a lower price, we will match that price upon confirmation with that retailer.

In the mean time, let's hope the Canadian Dollar regains some of its strength, and our distributors' prices begin to come down once more.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast