Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TROY M7 PWD Kits Now in Stock!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntloukas View Post
    That is a decent price considering what you get. Dont need another SBR but damn that is tempting
    You realize it is an upper only kit?
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

Are these sold out? I just called my local dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1of38 View Post
    Are these sold out?

Pelican Storm iM2370 - $189.99

Flat Top - $200 ((300 if you can find an instock VLTOR and want to go M7A1 old school))

7" Barrel $250-300

Claymore Break - $70

Bolt $150 +

Charging Handle $70

Alpha Rail - $200 (w/ no sight)

Troy MC Grip - $80

Battleax Stock $125 or to make it easier $195 with kit so no searching for tube and castle nut etc. and these are harder than I thought they'd be to find.

Battle Mags x7 @ $35/pop = $245

Battleax Control Grip $70

Being conservative in numbers That's already $1,650 and there is plenty of stuff left. Will also note that some of those prices are based on stuff that are out of stock or the cheapest I could find. Things like the receiver, charging handle, bolt, etc where there's no information on exactly WHAT model and manufacture it is, just found the cheapest possible to build from scratch this kit.

So I'd say the kit is reasonably priced for "just an upper".

PDW style guns always cost a hell of a lot more to build and the reason is simple: Very small market demand.

For one thing, the higher price keeps out the "whim" buyers more than anything else. Which keeps the market poised towards those that know exactly what they want/looking for. Which keeps the price up because those things sell fast. It's really like going to the strip club too early or too late; all the good ones are gone or still being kept hidden til the big spenders are out in numbers. Then the dollar decides what you get :P.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntloukas View Post
    That is a decent price considering what you get. Dont need another SBR but damn that is tempting
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    Pelican Storm iM2370 - $189.99

Flat Top - $200 ((300 if you can find an instock VLTOR and want to go M7A1 old school))

7" Barrel $250-300

Claymore Break - $70

Bolt $150 +

Charging Handle $70

Alpha Rail - $200 (w/ no sight)

Troy MC Grip - $80

Battleax Stock $125 or to make it easier $195 with kit so no searching for tube and castle nut etc. and these are harder than I thought they'd be to find.

Battle Mags x7 @ $35/pop = $245

Battleax Control Grip $70

Being conservative in numbers That's already $1,650 and there is plenty of stuff left. Will also note that some of those prices are based on stuff that are out of stock or the cheapest I could find. Things like the receiver, charging handle, bolt, etc where there's no information on exactly WHAT model and manufacture it is, just found the cheapest possible to build from scratch this kit.

So I'd say the kit is reasonably priced for "just an upper".

PDW style guns always cost a hell of a lot more to build and the reason is simple: Very small market demand.

For one thing, the higher price keeps out the "whim" buyers more than anything else. Which keeps the market poised towards those that know exactly what they want/looking for. Which keeps the price up because those things sell fast. It's really like going to the strip club too early or too late; all the good ones are gone or still being kept hidden til the big spenders are out in numbers. Then the dollar decides what you get :P.

You are mistaken, I wasn't saying it was expensive....

I have multiple PDW's and SBR's, I realize the costs associated with them.

Ntloukas said that's a decent price, and then references he doesn't need an SBR but this is tempting, R standing for rifle, this is not a rifle, but an upper kit.

I never said there was anything wrong with the price.....in fact, I was the first person to list the price.
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

We'll have them on our website later tonight or in the morning...I may keep one for myself

Edit, on now
    Last edited by Chemist; 03-06-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We'll have them on our website later tonight or in the morning...I may keep one for myself
    :D:D

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

You are mistaken, I wasn't saying it was expensive....

I have multiple PDW's and SBR's, I realize the costs associated with them.

Ntloukas said that's a decent price, and then references he doesn't need an SBR but this is tempting, R standing for rifle, this is not a rifle, but an upper kit.

I never said there was anything wrong with the price.....in fact, I was the first person to list the price.

I read Ntloukas' comment as saying it'd be tempting to build another. Everything's there in that kit for a great SBR too. Your comment read more pertaining to costs as the emphasis from Ntloukas was on "decent price."

Ah well, tis the way of the nets for small miss-comms.

It was fun to go through the kit on what I could source individually and see how fast the things added up on this little kit.

Still, earlier comment stands. HEY NORTH SYLVIA! GET CRACKING ON A VLTOR UPPER, 7" MRF, CRT STOCK, MOE GRIP, AND KX FIRE PIG RIG! Ooooh and if it were FDE..... like hot cakes I tell ya, like god damn hot cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    Still, earlier comment stands. HEY NORTH SYLVIA! GET CRACKING ON A VLTOR UPPER, 7" MRF, CRT STOCK, MOE GRIP, AND KX FIRE PIG RIG! Ooooh and if it were FDE..... like hot cakes I tell ya, like god damn hot cakes.
    I'll take one in black please

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123