Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pal refusal question

Pal refusal question

First off I would like to state that I have never been charged with any crime. I do not have any history of violence at all. Any ways a with in the last 5 years my son suffered and injury and as a result I was under investigation by the police ( I was told it was standard procedure with my sons type of injury). Ultimately I wasn't charged with anything. My question is will this ruin my chances of getting my P.A.L?

You should be fine considering that you have never been charged with any crime. If they do for whatever reason ask about your son's injury situation just remain 100% honest and you'll be sailing smooth :D

Another quick question would I check the box asking if I have been reported to police or social services on the application?

BANNED
    No charges means no charges. There should be no record of anything.

Should be no problem at all, many people WITH criminal records are upstanding gun owners. In there case the crime was looked at and if not an assault or like charge, there wasn't a concern. Same goes for answering the question about using anti-depressants, answer truthfully and rest with the knowledge that many people with more strikes against them than what you indicated were successful .. though each person is dealt with individually so you never really know if it affected your application until you know ... In all cases, be honest and hope for the best.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid8 View Post
    Another quick question would I check the box asking if I have been reported to police or social services on the application?
    My advice would be to say yes, and then just explain. It will likely be a non-issue once they understand. On the other hand if you say no and then it appears you may be pooched for 'hiding' it.

Yup, they're the police - they definitely have the police records of the incident. They WILL find it, and it won't go well if you're caught hiding it. A simple, honest explanation should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post
    My advice would be to say yes, and then just explain. It will likely be a non-issue once they understand. On the other hand if you say no and then it appears you may be pooched for 'hiding' it.
    +1

Just be honest with them and you'll be fine. Don't worry about it. I get yelled at, by the CBSA, RCMP, VPD, CBP etc... all the time for filling out forms halfa**ed. ( not on purpose) The only thing that they want for you is that you're honest. That's all. If you lie, then they'll make you pay for it.

Have you been reported? Yes / No
    Have you been charged? No / Yes

Good luck

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid8 View Post
    First off I would like to state that I have never been charged with any crime. I do not have any history of violence at all. Any ways a with in the last 5 years my son suffered and injury and as a result I was under investigation by the police ( I was told it was standard procedure with my sons type of injury). Ultimately I wasn't charged with anything. My question is will this ruin my chances of getting my P.A.L?
    You were not arrested, not charged, not convicted.

The form doesn't ask if you were under investigation. Don't answer questions you're not asked.

If someone reported you for something you didn't do, thats another question on the form, and you should answer it truthfully.

I live in Surrey we have the RCMP down here and I think I read somewhere they don't only look at criminal but also CPIC which is their server that stores all the interactions you have had with the police and what happened (the reports are written by the officer responding). I had a run in with the police when I was 17 where someone saw me buying a pellet gun from another guy in a parking lot, long story short they took me out of my car at gun point in my driveway at 3:30pm least to say it was a gong show. I declared it on my application on a separate paper had no problems at all. Also one time I was picking up a friend from a high school he was there to see his little brothers basketball game and for some reason the principal was beat up and someone wrote down my license plate as I left. They came and interviewed me and that was the last I heard of it, didn't even come up in my interview. Just write down on a separate piece of paper and send it with your application it wont be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast