Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pal refusal question

Just don't lie answer their questions honestly. There is nothing to fear. If you are honest and they don't give you a pal it's probably because you shouldn't have one. I know a couple guys with some minor to moderate criminal charges and they got theirs but had to wait a long time.
    What me worry?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by parmaulakh View Post
    I live in Surrey we have the RCMP down here and I think I read somewhere they don't only look at criminal but also CPIC which is their server that stores all the interactions you have had with the police and what happened (the reports are written by the officer responding). I had a run in with the police when I was 17 where someone saw me buying a pellet gun from another guy in a parking lot, long story short they took me out of my car at gun point in my driveway at 3:30pm least to say it was a gong show. I declared it on my application on a separate paper had no problems at all. Also one time I was picking up a friend from a high school he was there to see his little brothers basketball game and for some reason the principal was beat up and someone wrote down my license plate as I left. They came and interviewed me and that was the last I heard of it, didn't even come up in my interview. Just write down on a separate piece of paper and send it with your application it wont be a problem.

Good advice here.
    If you have any doubt, attach a letter rationalizing what they perceived might have occurred.
    Short, to the point, and choose your words carefully.

He's also right about the CPIC search, it includes everytime you been engaged by the police. Including traffic stops. And if the LEO didn't like your tone or cut of the jib, his notes are on file.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12