Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: LCW 7.62x39 Nail Test

LCW 7.62x39 Nail Test

So I recently bought a case of 1000 LCW 7.62x39 FMJ from you guys, and I did some looking up and apprently some people a couple of years ago found that their "non-corrosive" LCW 5.45x39 was in fact corrosive. So I decided to look into this myself.

I took 3 different manufacturers of the same calibre (7.62x39 obviously). Sellier & Bellot brass cased soft point stamped with a 12 on the head, LCW not stamped with any year, and the old chinese "non-corrosive" ammo stamped 31 and 71. The chinese is widely regarded as corrosive despite being advertised as "non-corrosive" by one Vancouver company who I will not name. I will say it's not Canada Ammo.

I live in Calgary so the weather here is quite dry, so each day I took a shower, I would bring the block of wood the nails were hammered into, into the bathroom and left it on the counter just so that they would get SOME moisture out of the air. I've never posted pictures before so hopefully this works...

Here are the results:

LCW Nail before primer detonation

All the nails looked basically the same before detonation so I will only show the one "before" pic.

Here are the nails just after primer detonation.

S&B Nail.

Chinese Nail.

LCW Nail.

Now these are the same nails 48 hours later.

The S&B nail is basically unchanged.

The Chinese nail looks like it's developing some rust as expected.

And here's the LCW nail.

Now... I'm no rust expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.. But to me that looks an awful lot more like the fuzzy, rust coloured Chinese surplus nail than the still metallic S&B nail.
    I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on this aside from, "corrosive ammo is fine bro".

Lets just wait a few more days maybe ?

Yeah I'd like to see it in 2 or three more days.

I would be wrong but the Chinese surplus seems to be doing much better than the new LCW stuff. Could this be..... another.........
    Thanks for doing this test man. How did you remove the bullet safely btw ?!?
    #HijabHoax Khawlah Noman said the attacker pulled her hood down, cut her hijab from the bottom up. She Said she saw a young Asian male, roughly 5-foot-8 to 6 feet tall, wearing black pants, hoodie and brown gloves. Well,The whole country bought it.

Alright well I'll post more pictures in a few days, I'd say that's a fairly dramatic change though from the first day. The S&B nail hasn't changed at all under identical conditions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    i have a muzzlebrake that proves most of the Chinese is infact corrosive. soooo rusty......
    This is interesting as i just cracked open my case of lcw
    WTB: HK45C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    Oh boy, this doesn't look good. That stuff was very expensive if it is corrosive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    seems like some false advertising is going on.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Can someone test the HP stuff? I was planning in grabbing a crate but if it's corrosive, forget it,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Maybe CanAm will chime in with his nail test results, if he has done one.

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast