Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Norinco 50BMG make it happen Canam? increase the numbers while we still can .

Norinco PTRD: approved design, chamber it in a .50bmg... Just saying....

It is just a simple tube. And it would be exceptionally cheap to manufacture. It will be the new m305. And probably cost only $6-700 + freight.

Call it the Norinco (or dominion) arms model 50FuRCMP.
    Just so 'they' know we care!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    I should have bought the semi auto PTRD that was at my LGS in 2005
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    I should have bought the semi auto PTRD that was at my LGS in 2005
    I believe that is the PTRS - a giant SKS effectively. I got plenty of them, so they [PTRS] would be a later acquisition.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes, Maybe countries of the former USSR is the place to look for a cheap .50 sks svt mosin all come cheap out of there. Do they Have 50 cal rifles or equivalent!!
    Single shot works for me, keep it simple for price and less breakage/repairs, but something that was sitting in a warehouse for 50-60 years in mag fed semi or bolt is fine,,just inexpensive!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    I hope Chris doesn't mind me posting in his tread (please feel free to delete), but I had the boys from Norinco show me their .50 today here at IWA.
    Current price is over $7000USD, and that isn't retail. They themselves feel it is too high a price to sell any.
    It was developed for PLA use, not for commercial export, due to cost.
    The guy actually said "US 50's, $4000, Our 50, $7000+. We see no chance for sales"
    I'm a Chinese and I have to agree you. Norinco can make some simple but classic designed weapons cheap and reliable, but not this sort of rifle. Yes they can make Santana as well as German made with 1/4 of the price, but you can't expect them make a Bugatti and still only 1/4 of the price. It will cost more, not less.

By the way, I'm a Chinese, I'm living in China so I don't know what's it like in CA, but what are you guys planning to do with a .50? Shooting some gargantuar zombie? Is the zombie problem that serious in Canada?
    "23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum..._general_rules"

CGN Regular
    Correct me if I am wrong but there was a canadian made .50 bolt action single shot that was sold by an ex advertiser here on CGN a couple a years ago.

I cannot remember the price but I think that a canadian company could make one for 1500$ if demand is there. Single shot true the stock with bipod and telescopic mount.

Am I wrong?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RMXC51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by `1234567890-= View Post
    I'm a Chinese and I have to agree you. Norinco can make some simple but classic designed weapons cheap and reliable, but not this sort of rifle. Yes they can make Santana as well as German made with 1/4 of the price, but you can't expect them make a Bugatti and still only 1/4 of the price. It will cost more, not less.

By the way, I'm a Chinese, I'm living in China so I don't know what's it like in CA, but what are you guys planning to do with a .50? Shooting some gargantuar zombie? Is the zombie problem that serious in Canada?
    Yes. Yes it is. BTW, are you Chinese by any chance?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but there was a canadian made .50 bolt action single shot that was sold by an ex advertiser here on CGN a couple a years ago.

I cannot remember the price but I think that a canadian company could make one for 1500$ if demand is there. Single shot true the stock with bipod and telescopic mount.

Am I wrong?
    No idea but that would be great - lets find them and start a pledge =)
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post

Am I wrong?
    I believe the "budget minded" Canadian made one is a CanStar which is a Noreen knock off.

If there were a 20mm available for $1500 and ammo were available I'd be in on that.

Sometimes you go quality, sometimes you go quantity... all depends on what you want at that time.
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    Norinco PTRD: approved design, chamber it in a .50bmg... Just saying....

It is just a simple tube. And it would be exceptionally cheap to manufacture. It will be the new m305. And probably cost only $6-700 + freight.

Call it the Norinco (or dominion) arms model 50FuRCMP.
    Just so 'they' know we care!
    I second that.
    A simple design such as the PTRS or PTRD shooting 50 BMG produced in CHINA would be wonderful.
    Another alternative would be a special AR15 upper for 50BMG.
    At the end a good deal on a combo with any of the above with 200 rounds of 50BMG !
    I am IN !