Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 x 39 bolt action rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman42 View Post
    I just received a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 from Reliable gun in Vancouver and they still had some on their website if anyone is interested!
    Thanks, sorry but I may have gotten the last one at Reliable.
    I didn't see the post about P&D being cheaper until after I had bought from Reliable.
    Reliable still has the Savage Arms 10 FCM Scout Bolt Action Rifle - 7.62x39mm, 20.5 if anyone else needs that caliber.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Waiting for mine to be delivered.....where do you find this kind (Barnaul) of ammo ??? Local CT doesn't carry any 7.62x39 ammo.
    Last edited by NiceShot; 03-23-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Clarification
    "Pro Patria"

CGN Regular
    where in Ontario are you? SFRC (ammosource) carries a ton of non-corrosive 7.62x39(prvi, mfs, Barnaul, S&B, hornady), but they are mostly sold out right now...they are like 20km north of Odessa (near Kingston). Belleville CT sells MFS and hornady.

Why doesn't one of the gun companies put out a 7.62x39 in a cheaper bolt like the Savage Axis. I would think that would sell like crazy. Cheaper gun, cheap ammo, what alot of people would be looking for.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pdpush View Post
    Why doesn't one of the gun companies put out a 7.62x39 in a cheaper bolt like the Savage Axis. I would think that would sell like crazy. Cheaper gun, cheap ammo, what alot of people would be looking for.
    tell me about it...I can't bring myself to spend $800 on a rifle chambered in x39, when I could get a rifle chambered in pretty much anything else for the same price. Is a bolt action in x39 in the $400 ballpark too much to ask for? something deer legal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just tried my manual trigger pull guage on my CZ 527. Factory setting I got 3 lbs and 2 lbs, 12 oz and 2 lbs. 15 oz. With the set trigger 15 oz. and 16 oz. and 16 oz. Man that set trigger is really light!!!! Almost too light to use ?

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Just tried my manual trigger pull guage on my CZ 527. Factory setting I got 3 lbs and 2 lbs, 12 oz and 2 lbs. 15 oz. With the set trigger 15 oz. and 16 oz. and 16 oz. Man that set trigger is really light!!!! Almost too light to use ?
    Set trigger OK for the range, but too light for field use. Regular trigger at 3 lbs. sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    tell me about it...I can't bring myself to spend $800 on a rifle chambered in x39, when I could get a rifle chambered in pretty much anything else for the same price...
    Why? Is your sole purpose for owning a 7.62x39mm bolt gun just to shoot cheap surplus ammo? If that's the only redeeming quality this cartridge has in your eyes, just buy a SKS and be done with it.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    Why? Is your sole purpose for owning a 7.62x39mm bolt gun just to shoot cheap surplus ammo? If that's the only redeeming quality this cartridge has in your eyes, just buy a SKS and be done with it.
    I would agree with you on this, that cartridge has so much more going for it besides the "cheap ammo".
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I would agree with you on this, that cartridge has so much more going for it besides the "cheap ammo".
    100% agree. 7.62x39 is greatly under rated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast