Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Sellier & Bellot 7.62x39 and Norinco .223 surplus ammo lead or steel core?

Are Sellier & Bellot 7.62x39 and Norinco .223 surplus ammo lead or steel core?

I would like to know if Sellier & Bellot 7.62x39 and Norinco .223 surplus ammo that you have for sale are steel core or lead core? My local range has a ban on steel core ammo.
    I am referring to this specific ammunition you have for sale:

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/12361/Sellier-and-Bellot-Surplus-762x39-123-Grain-FMJ-1200-Round-Case.aspx

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/15640/Norinco-223-Rem-55-Grain-FMJ-1120-Round-Crate.aspx

Also can you confirm that the Norinco .223 is non-corrosive primed? The S&B says it is corrosive but the Norinco doesn't say if it is corrosive or not.

Lemme know, thanks.

The norinco .223 is non corrosive, as far as I know there never was any corrosive 5.56/.223.

As for the surplus 7.62x39 it is steel core. The only lead core surplus was made by Yugoslavia and the case of ammo will be marked m67 and steel core surplus will be marked 7,62 m43 as in caliber 7.62 m43 ball ammo.

^ Thanks for that. So the 7.62x39 is banned
    Now just need to know if the .223 is steel or lead core.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    The .223 is lead core

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    I don't understand why ranges ban steel core ammo. My range just did it too along with a bunch of other stupid new rules such as minimum shooting distances and it really pisses me off. Considering on not renewing my membership.

Its like as if the ranges are also anti gun. Id gladly make a back roads range before I comply to this BS.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    I don't understand why ranges ban steel core ammo. My range just did it too along with a bunch of other stupid new rules such as minimum shooting distances and it really pisses me off. Considering on not renewing my membership.

Its like as if the ranges are also anti gun. Id gladly make a back roads range before I comply to this BS.
    steel core can really chew up the steel plates at the range that cost thousands of dollars to replace. chewed up plates = considered unsafe and shut down by cfo

its nothing to do with being anti.

If your range has steel plates....

this is good to know I was also wondering about norinco 556/223
    thanks

Steel cores leave craters in the surface of the backing plates. Bullets hitting the craters can rebound straight back at you.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

I have some norinco silver box with black cases that is steel jacketed, lead core, non corrosive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast