Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare non-restricted tavor barrels

Spare non-restricted tavor barrels

Where can I buy a spare 18.6" barrel for Tavor?
    CSSA member
    NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    And what about the spare 15" ctar barrels if I want to make mine a range gun during the harsh winter months? When I talked to you (Jon), you had said ctar barrels were coming soon, acompanied with new triggers...

I guess the "triggers" have been kind of achieved, not for retail however, but at least we have found out U.S. trigger will work in this our Canadian/Israeli version.

Back to the topic of barrels, I would likely start with a Ctar, and when the time comes for a new NR one I would want one of them as well.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

North Sylva. Call them. Someone there will be able to hook you up with one.

Good luck with north sylva. They have had my Kriss vector for 7 months for repair.

Good Luck Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Lagesek View Post
    Good luck with north sylva. They have had my Kriss vector for 7 months for repair.
    What was wrong with your Vector?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

CGN Regular
    I've asked about spare barrels as well and have gotten answers ranging from they are not available, to they are but only if north sylva installs them. This is from dealers that sell tavors though. It would be nice to hear from north sylva directly about this as I am interested in a barrel too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    1 (416) 242-4867
    Alright, so who is gonna call Jon and ask him. (Talk to him specifically other wise you will get the run-around)

Im going to let someone else harass him for a change, haha.

Whoever does call, be sure to post your resaults of:
    -pricing and availibility for both NR length and CTAR
    -are we allowed to purchase the part and install ourselves? (TV-PressPass does his own every winter) Or do we have to go to a gunsmith, or send it to him since he is the IWI armourer for Canada?

Personally I have no interest if I must send my rifle away, but huge interest if I can manage myself or take it to a local gunsmith.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Before you guys all get too excited about switching Restricted and Non-restricted length barrel every 30 days, please read section 4 of the Firearms Registration Certificate Regulation (SOR/98-201) of Firearm's Act.

(1) Subject to section 5, the Registrar shall attach to a registration certificate that is issued in respect of a firearm the condition that the holder of the certificate shall advise the Registrar, within 30 days after the modification, of
      • (a) any modification to the firearm that results in a change of class of the firearm;
      • (b) in the case of a firearm registered as a frame or receiver only, any modification that makes it capable of discharging ammunition;
      • (c) any modification to an altered automatic firearm; and
      • (d) any modification that results in the firearm ceasing to be a firearm.

• (2) Subject to section 5, the Registrar shall attach to a registration certificate that is issued in respect of a firearm the condition that when the type, action, calibre or gauge of the firearm is modified, the holder of the certificate shall advise the Registrar of the modification,
      • (a) if the modification is intended to be permanent, within 30 days after the modification; and
      • (b) if the modification is not intended to be permanent but still exists 30 days after it is made, without delay after that period.
    Last edited by hbean; 03-10-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    1 (416) 242-4867
    Alright, so who is gonna call Jon and ask him. (Talk to him specifically other wise you will get the run-around)

Im going to let someone else harass him for a change, haha.

Whoever does call, be sure to post your resaults of:
    -pricing and availibility for both NR length and CTAR
    -are we allowed to purchase the part and install ourselves? (TV-PressPass does his own every winter) Or do we have to go to a gunsmith, or send it to him since he is the IWI armourer for Canada?

Personally I have no interest if I must send my rifle away, but huge interest if I can manage myself or take it to a local gunsmith.
    Gil from IWI made it clear all barrels had to be installed by North Sylva, because of liability issues they will sell you the barrel but you need to send your TAVOR in to have it installed.

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast