Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell AR Optics

My review of the 3-12 X40 AR. I purchased the scope new from a local retailer 3 months ago and it sat in my safe in an unopened package untill 2 weeks ago when I finnally got the the 10/22 build completed. I took the scope out of the packaging had a look through it ( it was set on 3 power) I dialed it up to 12 power and noticed it was stiff to turn and has spots where it would become very hard to turn. I looked through the scope and tried to focus it and the side forcus did nothing to focus the scope at all. I dialed the scope back down to 3 power and I got it to focus so I tried to dial it back up on the power and it locked up on close to 9 power. So I went back to the retailer and was told I had to send it in to bushnell because it was more than 30 days from original purchase date. So I sent it in to the warranty centre. It arrived there on Thursday of last week ( I know this from Canada Post tracking service) I haven't heard a thing from the warranty centre yet. Now I know the reason why they package them in that placic package , the retailer won't let you open it so you have to buy it before you can really examine the scope. Needless to say I am not a satisfied customer. So now I sit here with custom 10/22 tack driver with no optics for it, and wouldn't you know it gopher season is in full swing.
    Last edited by r204; 05-13-2014 at 03:51 PM.

The trs has a 3 moa dot not a 5. The picture is wrong... Fyi.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

I purchased the AR93940 - 3-9x40mm from the OP and it's been fantastic! No faults or complaints whatsoever. Glass clarity is excellent for the price!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    It's pulling teeth getting an answer.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Business Member plainSight Solutions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r204 View Post
    My review of the 3-12 X40 AR. I purchased the scope new from a local retailer 3 months ago and it sat in my safe in an unopened package untill 2 weeks ago when I finnally got the the 10/22 build completed. I took the scope out of the packaging had a look through it ( it was set on 3 power) I dialed it up to 12 power and noticed it was stiff to turn and has spots where it would become very hard to turn. I looked through the scope and tried to focus it and the side forcus did nothing to focus the scope at all. I dialed the scope back down to 3 power and I got it to focus so I tried to dial it back up on the power and it locked up on close to 9 power. So I went back to the retailer and was told I had to send it in to bushnell because it was more than 30 days from original purchase date. So I sent it in to the warranty centre. It arrived there on Thursday of last week ( I know this from Canada Post tracking service) I haven't heard a thing from the warranty centre yet. Now I know the reason why they package them in that placic package , the retailer won't let you open it so you have to buy it before you can really examine the scope. Needless to say I am not a satisfied customer. So now I sit here with custom 10/22 tack driver with no optics for it, and wouldn't you know it gopher season is in full swing.
    Sorry to hear about your issue, however I am puzzled by something.

The AR Optics 3-12x40 does not come in a plastic package: it is merchandised in an unsealed box, just like many other scopes. My Bushnell AR Optics are displayed openly, just like everything else, so that customers can check them out. Furthermore, if you have an issue with a scope you buy from me, I do a straight exchange wherever possible and I deal with the warranty center.

If I was you, I would be having a chat with the vendor you purchased the scope from...they should be offering you better support.

Omer Hrbinic
    Tell: 1 (250) 747-1621
    Cell: 1 (250) 991-1406
    www.PrecisionOptics.net
    PrecisionOptics@hotmail.com

Made several purchase from Omer before and just ordered one AR 1-4PCL waiting for its arrival and have no worries at all and in the worst case I ever need any attention Omer will look after it and need not to worry.

What. are. our. options. for. mounts. for. the. first. two. scopes.?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    What. are. our. options. for. mounts. for. the. first. two. scopes.?
    Four tries, with no response. You're persistent, that's for sure. You're not alone though, seems they don't respond to pm's either. But, I've only tried twice.

I purchased the Bushnell AR-22 2-7x Rimfire scope from Omer in late April. I mounted it on my SR-22 with a new Burris PEPR that i bought on eBay for $74. I am very happy with the clarity of the lens, it seems like excellent value for the money. Now with the $30 rebate I have just ordered a 1-4X AR-223 scope for my LMT 5.56 10.5" upper. I intend to get another PEPR mount for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ponymusic View Post
    Four tries, with no response. You're persistent, that's for sure. You're not alone though, seems they don't respond to pm's either. But, I've only tried twice.
    Yeah. I'm now more intrigued how long it will take. It's kind of messed up.