Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stun Cane!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar

Stun Cane!

I finally got my Stun Cane! (now sold out)

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...gel-stun-cane/

Notwithstanding hassles with CanPar, this thing really is amazing. I honestly intended to test it out on myself when it arrived. I have no shame in admitting to being scared to do so now. I believe that the noise this thing makes is more intimidating than the "chunk-chunk" of loading a pump action shotgun. The videos on YouTube do not do this thing justice. (This may be because the manufacturer recently upped the amperage.)

Out of the box, with the battery's partial charge, it still gives off such a loud electric crackle that my dogs ran away! The smell of ozone is further proof that this thing is not a toy.

For now, I am uncertain on how to test it. The RCMP labs test non-lethal weapons on sides of pork. If there is no tissue damage, then the weapons are cleared for use.

I bet this thing will cook bacon.

There are some very aggressive raccoons that visit my neighbourhood every garbage day. Perhaps I will get a chance to test it.

Until then, I can say that this cane has got a decent handle and that the shaft is strong enough for use by a person who actually needs a can. ( I do, so I can say that.)

The safety switch is very easy to activate. Even when you just want the flashlight on, it is very easy to slide all the way to stun mode. The trigger button is also very easy to actuate. I do not own a firearm with a trigger pull that is even nearly this light. Care should be taken to avoid inadvertently triggering this cane.

That said, with the lack of fine motor skills suffered by any human operating in a fight or flight state, I can see it will be possible to use this as a weapon.

The cane is not sturdy enough to use as an impact weapon though. The mid part of the shaft looks like it will not survive much of a side load at all. Breaking the cane in half would destroy it. To me, this reads as a self defense tool that is used more like you are playing a game of tag than stick fighting. This is especially true in light of some recent reading. It indicates that momentary contact, while painful, will not incapacitate an attacker. A constant 2 to 5 second exposure is required.

In short, this looks like it has real potential as a equalizer for frail folks or those like, like me, with reduced mobility. The element of surprise and careful application should see favourable results. After all, what mugger or animal expects this much fight out of someone so infirm as to be walking with a cane...

Canes in general are WAY underrated.

I look forward to adding to my meagre collection of canes.

Thanks Canada Ammo!
    Last edited by BabySeal; 03-10-2014 at 09:12 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    I thought tazers were a prohibited weapon.

Nice review.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    OAL I believe.

I want one of these. Can't wait
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Theyre not tazers. Think more like a cattle prod. Also its not a weapon unless you use it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I finally got my Stun Cane! (now sold out)

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...gel-stun-cane/

Notwithstanding hassles with CanPar, this thing really is amazing. I honestly intended to test it out on myself when it arrived. I have no shame in admitting to being scared to do so now. I believe that the noise this thing makes is more intimidating than the "chunk-chunk" of loading a pump action shotgun. The videos on YouTube do not do this thing justice. (This may be because the manufacturer recently upped the amperage.)

Out of the box, with the battery's partial charge, it still gives off such a loud electric crackle that my dogs ran away! The smell of ozone is further proof that this thing is not a toy.

For now, I am uncertain on how to test it. The RCMP labs test non-lethal weapons on sides of pork. If there is no tissue damage, then the weapons are cleared for use.

I bet this thing will cook bacon.

There are some very aggressive raccoons that visit my neighbourhood every garbage day. Perhaps I will get a chance to test it.

Until then, I can say that this cane has got a decent handle and that the shaft is strong enough for use by a person who actually needs a can. ( I do, so I can say that.)

The safety switch is very easy to activate. Even when you just want the flashlight on, it is very easy to slide all the way to stun mode. The trigger button is also very easy to actuate. I do not own a firearm with a trigger pull that is even nearly this light. Care should be taken to avoid inadvertently triggering this cane.

That said, with the lack of fine motor skills suffered by any human operating in a fight or flight state, I can see it will be possible to use this as a weapon.

The cane is not sturdy enough to use as an impact weapon though. The mid part of the shaft looks like it will not survive much of a side load at all. Breaking the cane in half would destroy it. To me, this reads as a self defense tool that is used more like you are playing a game of tag than stick fighting. This is especially true in light of some recent reading. It indicates that momentary contact, while painful, will not incapacitate an attacker. A constant 2 to 5 second exposure is required.

In short, this looks like it has real potential as a equalizer for frail folks or those like reduced mobility. The element of surprise and careful application should see favourable results. After all, what mugger or animal expects this much fight out of someone so infirm as to be walking with a cane...

Canes in general are WAY underrated.

I look forward to adding to my meagre collection of canes.

Thanks Canada Ammo!
    Classic hahahaha

BANNED
    Good review..TKS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Awesome...
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

BANNED
    +1 for CanAm scoring more cool toys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer curseyou's Avatar
    How is this legal?

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast