Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printed SIG P226 9mm to .22LR Magazine Conversions

I personally only coincidentally stumbled across this thread. Im sure there are hundreds of people who are interested in this since it gives the p226 .22lr that last bit of awesome that it desperately needed.

I recommend advertising this in a more open space so that you would widen your market audience greatly. Also, do you have a website? That way we can find your products even if we lose this thread.

Expired Business Member
    I don't have a website yet, and unfortunately I don't think I'm allowed to advertise in the general pistol forum. It's for discussion and reviews, etc. So if a member wants to do a review or something after I make them available for sale, that's about the only reason this would show up in that forum.

After I have the pricing sorted out and am ready to start selling them, I'll make a post in the EE pistol subforum. This thread is mainly for gauging interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MTLGUN View Post
    MP22 mags if you're in the mood to get rich.
    +1

Expired Business Member
    The design is more or less finalized. See the video below for a sneak peek.

The spring manufacturer I was initially working with backed out due to "liability issues" and I'm working another manufacturer right now.

I'll be doing a limited pre-order to help finance the spring order.

I'm expecting the springs to come in within the next 14-30 days, so all pre-orders will likely be in your hands by the end of April.

Pre-order is sold out. Will update ad when ready to ship regular orders.
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 07-29-2014 at 04:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Same thing for 220, I would buy 4
    My wife has small hands

So will these only work on factory Sig mags or do you have another version for say the MecGar mags with plastic floor plates.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeeg View Post
    So will these only work on factory Sig mags or do you have another version for say the MecGar mags with plastic floor plates.
    I'll be working on making some for the Mec-Gar mags as well, but I don't have any on hand to work with at the moment. The only issue is that the Mec-Gar mags are significantly shorter than the factory SIG mags so the baseplate and follower may not have enough room to fit and function properly.

Printed standalone mags will also be available, but the design is not yet completed so they're not included in this pre-order.

These look ideal as a printed entire mag might not survive getting dropped repeatedly onto a concrete floor. Which I do during IPSC practice. The steel mag should protect the insert nicely.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saskplcguy View Post
    These look ideal as a printed entire mag might not survive getting dropped repeatedly onto a concrete floor. Which I do during IPSC practice. The steel mag should protect the insert nicely.
    That's what I was going for. Every part of the insert except for the guides in front of the feed lips are nested into the metal magazine. They handle and function the same as the 9mm mags, and when fully loaded with .22 they weigh as much as the 9mm mag loaded to 4-5.

Expired Business Member
    The pre-order is now closed. The springs will arrive in 10 days at the earliest, three weeks at the latest. Thanks to everyone who participated in the pre-order.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast