Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printed SIG P226 9mm to .22LR Magazine Conversions

Expired Business Member
    Inserts for Mec-Gar mags functional. Getting spring samples on Monday.
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 04-08-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Did a more extensive range test with the final revision today. ~1000 rounds through five mags.

Slide lock is working 100%, with the exception of the Mec-Gar insert, which is still a work in progress.

Orders will begin to ship next week.

Expired Business Member
    Springs came in today. All pre-orders have been shipped. Taking regular orders now.

Hi Im wondering if you have test fitted these inserts? Because I can only fit 7 in 2 of them, 8 in one and 9 in the other

Expired Business Member
    I did. They may be stiff to load initially, as the printed surfaces are not completely smooth. This should go away within the first 20 rounds or so.

Also, I had to use a stiffer spring to make the slide lock reliable so it will be slightly more difficult to load to 10 than the standard SIG .22 mag, but comparable to loading any other pistol mag by hand. The parts are all identical, so they should all load to the same capacity, and I assure you that the capacity is ten.
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 04-17-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Would it be possible to design a 22lr loader specifically for these? Something similar to the oem glock loader

Expired Business Member
    There is one made by Uplula that works well for both these inserts and the standard .22 mags.

The inserts should load easily by hand after loading and unloading them once or twice though. I've been checking capacity using the UpLULA but I agree that the 10th round is initially somewhat difficult to load by hand.
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 04-17-2014 at 02:11 PM.

After I was finally able to fit the 10th round in it now loads almost as effortlessly as the original sig mag!

Thanks Alex! The Americans used to get some "sig power" magazines for these but that company doesnt make them anymore. Might I suggest you somehow advertise to them as well. I'm sure you'll make a lot of pesos!

Expired Business Member
    Glad they worked for you. There is probably greater demand for these in the states, but I'll have to look into the legality of shipping down there.

How did I miss this?!
    Great work!

I'll be making an order as soon as I get access to the EE.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast