Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firearm transfer time

Firearm transfer time

So I am definately a newb and just purchased my first AR last week from you guys. I am VERY excited and like a kid at xmas, I just cant wait. Being that this is my first firearm purchase and we are dealing with the government, what is the "usual" amount of time for transfers to take place once you guys have started the paperwork (I received an email from your shop)

Thanks for the awesome service so far and I cant wait to get my hands on it!

M

It depends on the province you reside in. Ontario is at 5-10 biz days. Im at 7 and im from ON.

Since the recent RCMP drama, they seemed to have slowed down their approval time dramatically. At least it seems like it, the last couple of transfers I have done are taking way too long as compared to usual.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    SK took 1 day for transfer. Call and get the reference number from CFC and email address for CFO and email them your range membership card it will speed up the process.
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

Quote Originally Posted by doc25 View Post
    SK took 1 day for transfer. Call and get the reference number from CFC and email address for CFO and email them your range membership card it will speed up the process.
    thanks, I will. I am in AB but gun is obviously coming from Manitoba

CGN Regular
    My AR was 8 days from order to in my hands, daughter bought 9mm ruger on Saturday and phoned and got transfer done today, called store and they are shipping it in the morning. I'm in BC.

My last 2 transfers only took 1 day. And the transfer before that only took 30 minutes.

CGN Regular
    In sask, in store, about 20min for restricted transfer with statt, purchases from marstar to sask about a month,
    Canam to sask the last 2 restricteds were approved within a day of request, but actual processing
    And shipping was 2 full weeks.
    Just saying with my experiences here in Sask.

Right on.... thanks for the info.... like I said, I am itching to get it in my hands! The good folks at Wolverine will be shipping it to me once the transfer is done, so I am sure all will go well! This nice weather in Edmonton doesn't help my patience either!

I'm in Ontario, ordered handgun from B.C. on a Tuesday, it was at my house the following Wednesday.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast