Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: m14 Socom

Ordered the 22" barreled Nor M1A last Thursday, it arrived last night, pretty quick, field stripped and cleaned, could find no problems, or at least none that you wouldn't find in a military issue M14, Am pretty pleased with my purchase, will do business with them again. One question- the receiver is stamped Socom, I thought the Socom was the 18" model. Pardon me if I sound a little confused but you have to admit the recent history of this model(s) is/are a little confusing. Perhaps someone can set me straight! Thanks again to CanAmmo.
    Last edited by naultrick1; 03-20-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naultrick1 View Post
    Ordered the 22" barreled Nor M1A last Thursday, it arrived last night, pretty quick, field stripped and cleaned, could find no problems, or at least none that you wouldn't find in a military issue M14, Am pretty pleased with my purchase, will do business with them again. One question- the receiver is stamped Socom, I thought the Socom was the 18" model. Pardon me if I sound a little confused but you have to admit the recent history of this model(s) is/are a little confusing. Perhaps someone can set me straight! Thank again to CanAmmo.
    Where the heck did you order it from?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    ALL OF THIS!!!!! ^!!!!

Nothing more infuriating at the moment for M14 builds than knowing you have almost no option in flash hider. Except for something like the Delta P M14 Adaptor; but that b&$#! is $200 before you put a hider on it. And it's still got the dove tail for the sight post; which because of the full rail on Troy chassis, you can't use.

With the rising costs of the Norinco already ((not complaining just yet)) toss on $200 plus another $100-150 for the actual flash hider you want and you're already scratching a grand by the time you tax and ship it. You're really starting to get into Springfield territory now. Drop a $300 bolt, $20 spring guide, $200 USGI stock... well you get the idea.

But yeah, that ONE modification would save so much head ache and MONEY! That'd sell faster than fat kids to smarties!

Yikes- flesh eating Smarties!

I think it's a reallocated Socom 18 receiver fitted with a 22", don't get me wrong I keep going over it and checking everything as per Lazarus's suggestions. The only thing left to check is headspace, so I'm now looking for headspace gauges (7.62 Nato) as I would like to take it to the range tomorrow.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    The entire was marked the same as most were 18"

I know your web page says sold out but you wouldn't happen to have a couple 22" models kicking around in the back somewhere now would you

CGN frequent flyer
    What is the threading on the so com shorties?

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    The entire was marked the same as most were 18"
    I figured it was something along those lines, the stamping doesn't change my satisfaction, was just curious.

CGN Regular
    There is a M1A 16" SOCOM up for sale in Victoria (BC)so, for anyone that is on the island, or coming over, there it is.

Finally got to range- everything smooth, run a couple hundred rnds thru, all in all more than pleased, shoots very well, now if the shooter was only better. Thanks again to CanadaAmmo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast