Quote Originally Posted by Max4 View Post
In the not so distant future I too intend to order a glock from them good to know the time frame on transfer and shipping. I have had several dealings with SFRC including an axis 22-250, Ruger 10/22 and 8.5 grizzly without a single issue plus Ryan is fair with his trade in values. Congrats on the new gun. I too am getting a gen3. Done a lot of reading and video watching and shooting of other peoples glocks and in my opinion the gen3 is the superior product. No reliablitity issues, the standard grip fits me best so no need for changeable back straps , more accessories and to buy 1 more mag it's right in the same neighborhood price wise as the gen4 with 3 mags. No foreseeable need for gen4. Again this is just my opinion.
The only thing that is better with the Gen 4's is the all metal recoil spring and guide rod combo. The Gen 3's have that plastic recoil guide rod. But that is a Quick $50 touch from a few sponsors here. Also Brownells. I picked up a wolf Stainless Rod and spring from High cal for my G22 and a EFK Stainless from Brownells for the G17. You Don't need to do this upgrade but from all the reviews i have seen, it just seemed Like the right thing to do. Along with a extended mag release, grip plug and some night sights i won't be doing any thing else to them. A guy has to tinker a little bit.