Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Score slug 32

I got some from Wholesale Sports in Edmonton for $25 for 25. They are awesome so far!

Perfect. Thanks Kate. Is it free shipping to Ontario?
    Thanks...Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Anyone use these on game? Do they have Brenneke-like performance, or just a brenneke-like look?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Anyone use these on game? Do they have Brenneke-like performance, or just a brenneke-like look?
    Never used them on game, but Score slugs are more like Foster slugs than Brenneke. They don't even look like Brennekes. Closest thing to Brennekes would be Challengers, from what I see.

I am sure the Score slugs will kill the hell out of thin skinned game like deer or balck bear, though.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    I still have a case each of the Score 28 and 32. Great slugs!
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Never used them on game, but Score slugs are more like Foster slugs than Brenneke. They don't even look like Brennekes. Closest thing to Brennekes would be Challengers, from what I see.

I am sure the Score slugs will kill the hell out of thin skinned game like deer or balck bear, though.
    The picture that Kate shared looked like the wad is attached to the base, (someone else also mentions it in this thread) so I thought maybe they were similar to brennekes. I guess not... Guess I"ll just have to pick up some challengers then at some point...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Do these cycle in a Benelli M4? I ask because the last batch of inexpensive slugs (round ballk from canadaammo) did not. I'm weary of buying another lot.

The Score 28/32 don't recoil much because their advertised speed is probably out of a 28" barrel. I only get 1300ish out of 14" barreled guns. The base is only held onto the slug by friction and is included in the total advertised weight of the slug. They are a good choice for the price though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The picture that Kate shared looked like the wad is attached to the base, (someone else also mentions it in this thread) so I thought maybe they were similar to brennekes. I guess not... Guess I"ll just have to pick up some challengers then at some point...

Score 1 1/8 oz slug fired into a block of wood at 5 yds (much tougher than any game). MV from 18.5" 870 was 1300 fps. Recovered weight of slug was 415.1 grs, wad weighed 55.3 grs for a total of 470.4 grs. 1 1/8 oz is about 492 grs. Wad was attached to slug after impact. Most name brand rifled slugs are soft lead, the BPI Thug Slug that Score loads is harder. Soft rifled slugs fired into wood always fragmentate and often "donut" out around the hollow point and break apart into multiple pieces. The Score slug stayed together as good as a hunting bullet. The hollow point did not donut out at all. These will work excellent on game animals and I'd bet penetration will rival Brennekes of similar weight and velocity. They've been uber reliable and quite accurate for me in all my shotguns and a shooting buddies shotguns. They can't be beat for both value AND performance together. Brennekes might out penetrate them a little bit but for a few dollars more per round.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast