Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Firearms

LOL. The high point is a gun, I bought one just for the fun of it. if you are new a .22 is a must have for training and a cheap shooter.
    Back to the high point. they are heavy but very accurate. durable I have about 8000 rounds down it's pipe on the .45HP
    not one FTE and one FTF as my fault on reloading. If you can shoot that gun well as it does have a not nice trigger and heavy and slippery grip.
    you will shoot very well when you can afford the gun you want. But do not listen to anybody about it is a crap gun. I have sig's, kimbers. para ord.
    rugers and I have had problems with all. not one with the HP! I am a 1911 fan, actually never had problems with my browning HP's except for sighting in. Also the High point is definitely not a holster gun. but if that is what your budget permits go for it.
    there is no mods also so what you get is what you get. Norcs are great for a bit more money and are able to mod them. I have shot them and actually liked them. another last thing about the high power. when you decide that you do not want it anymore it will be hard to sell for 150.00
    I will never sell mine. use it to show newbies and outshoot the know it all's. happy target shooting and welcome to the endless sport of addiction.

I also own one, thinking most of the review come from those who don't. They are heavy and ugly but my JHP .45 goes bang every time and is quite accurate. Don't let others reviews change your mind if you want one. I do not shoot mine much anymore but I have no regrets about spending the $250 on it, has paid for itself in tons of fun at the range. A grip sleeve solves the slippery plastic grip also.

yup, good fun,accurate cheap and reliable. where do you get a grip sleeve for it? I want one to try.

Quote Originally Posted by muddog View Post
    LOL. The high point is a gun, I bought one just for the fun of it. if you are new a .22 is a must have for training and a cheap shooter.
    Back to the high point. they are heavy but very accurate. durable I have about 8000 rounds down it's pipe on the .45HP
    not one FTE and one FTF as my fault on reloading. If you can shoot that gun well as it does have a not nice trigger and heavy and slippery grip.
    you will shoot very well when you can afford the gun you want. But do not listen to anybody about it is a crap gun. I have sig's, kimbers. para ord.
    rugers and I have had problems with all. not one with the HP! I am a 1911 fan, actually never had problems with my browning HP's except for sighting in. Also the High point is definitely not a holster gun. but if that is what your budget permits go for it.
    there is no mods also so what you get is what you get. Norcs are great for a bit more money and are able to mod them. I have shot them and actually liked them. another last thing about the high power. when you decide that you do not want it anymore it will be hard to sell for 150.00
    I will never sell mine. use it to show newbies and outshoot the know it all's. happy target shooting and welcome to the endless sport of addiction.
    You own a HI POINT and a Browning HI POWER, did they spell them different on your guns? LOL
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

Yes, I have rare ones. sorry lol type fast and did not look, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Skull View Post
    You own a HI POINT and a Browning HI POWER, did they spell them different on your guns? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfor View Post
    Don't listen to what people are saying about Hi-Point guns. They're surprisingly durable, and at least 80% reliable.
    Trust my life to it? Not a chance. Fun at the range? Sure.
    had one 1n .45acp. tuff as nails, eat anything it was fed, never ever cleaned it, put 5-6000 thru it, the odd ftf. Ugly yes, but good value for the bux. good entry gun in the calibre of your choice.
    GUNS spelled backwards is SNUG coincidence--- not,, cause I feel safe and snug when I am with my guns![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I will be nicer when you get smarter.....
    we can fix broken but stupid is forever.

I have had a Hi Point and it didnt sit well with me....the catch release on the slide was ineffective....very bad safety issue....ended up selling it within a month...bought a Norinco Np22....for the xtra few bucks, it was well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by muddog View Post
    yup, good fun,accurate cheap and reliable. where do you get a grip sleeve for it? I want one to try.
    Hogue's product is called the handall, I have one from Tuff1 that fits really well. Couldn't find the handall in stock when I decided to try it.

TY very much, going to track down and buy. very nice of you.

BANNED
    Triggers on new firearms don't matter. All of 'em need a trigger job. Anyway, Hi-Point firearms aren't known for quality. You generally get what you pay for. Although there are some firearms that are no better than anything else, but you pay more for the name. And even some of the high priced name brands put out junkers by times.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast