Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hi Point Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by muddog View Post
    seriously? comments like that are not true CGNers, I must be an old Gangster Idiot. LMAO What do you shoot? Mukinfutch! you are not far from me.
    come out with your best gun to my clubs and we can do the friendly 5 dollars targets at 25yrds. Old man with the gangster brick.
    It shoots just as well as my custom guns.
    For the old real "CGNer", slow down. I was referring to many YouTube videos of these kids calling their Hipoints Glocks. Thanks for your snappy remark though. Brought me back to my younger years in the playground. I bet I can run faster than you! Nice from a self proclaimed old guy and true CGNer. Do I need to jump on people in threads to be a true CGNer???
    Any response you have will not warrant a response.
    You can't fix stupid.

Sorry I apologize, I must have taken it wrong as I own one and your comment came out of left field,

your Post -Hi point firearms are the little gangsters' "Glock", idiots!-

above has no mention of youtube just calls us Idiots! that is what I took from above post of yours.
    again I apologize that is the way I roll homie! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mukinfutch View Post
    For the old real "CGNer", slow down. I was referring to many YouTube videos of these kids calling their Hipoints Glocks. Thanks for your snappy remark though. Brought me back to my younger years in the playground. I bet I can run faster than you! Nice from a self proclaimed old guy and true CGNer. Do I need to jump on people in threads to be a true CGNer???
    Any response you have will not warrant a response.

I have the .45 pistol. I call it the "cordless drill" - we laugh, we shoot it, it functions great. It was cheap. I love it.

Hi there. I know this is a little "after-the-fact", but I just picked up a used Hi-Point 40 and will hopefully get to try it out this weekend. If I need parts, I was wondering how to get them. You said you called the company- did they send parts to you from the US, or is there a contact in Canada? Also, how has the 40 been treating you? I picked mine up very slightly used from Cabelas for $170 CDN and I am hopeful.

CGN frequent flyer
    22 if any kind is a great choice and a lot of cheap fun. As for TT 33 you can get one cheap as well and they are built solid. Another thing is that they keep their value being a war or post war relic. Ammo is relatively cheap and theres choices. Chinese russian yugo and polish. Price varies from 175 to 250. I own a polish and picked up a yugo 9mm barrel kit. Works great. Hi points are ugly and a pain to take apart but they work ( most time) and there is many around. Would i buy one? No. Norinco may also be a option or save up for something better and save yourself from going through bunch of learning experience by getting one you will not want to get rid of later.

I had a .40
    It was too big and heavy.
    But it was also accurate and never failed.

The Norinco pistols are good for the money, check them out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFunk View Post
    ...Brand new shooter here. I was looking into getting a handgun (probably a 9mm or .22lr) but the price of the HiPoint .40 S&W caught my eye. Of course, I'm highly skeptical that a gun for $250 would be good, but it still has me wondering. And from what I've seen from YouTube reviews, the gun may not be that bad...
    Unless you have a source of free .40S&W, a .40S&W is not the best chambering to start with. You'll struggle with the increased recoil (compared to 9x19mm, and especially compared to .22LR) and in short order your increased ammunition costs will have eaten up any perceived 'savings' you'd hoped to achieve in the purchase of the Hi-Point.

Decide what you want the gun to do well. Choose a chambering. Choose a gun. Then shop for that particular gun.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234