Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Marstar for the Norinco CQ special.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
    ^^ my magpul forend had to be slowly filed down. But now that it's in there, it fits real tight and is pretty sturdy.
    same here
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.

got mine yesterday fired today awesome thanks Marstar

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Price matching is not that important when loyalty customers-dealers is present, sometimes, you will pay 75.00 more from a dealer but on the other hand he will trow in 6 mags free of charge... Looking at just a number never tell all the story... JP.
    That is exactly my point.. When my local gun shop drops their price to keep my business that shows me that thy appreciate my business and want to keep me as a customer. They also throw in extras for me which is why I keep going to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Cooper View Post
    That is exactly my point.. When my local gun shop drops their price to keep my business that shows me that thy appreciate my business and want to keep me as a customer. They also throw in extras for me which is why I keep going to them.
    we only have one LGS , and they sell $200 Norinco shotguns for $800 (just sayin')
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Why is a realistic review bashing? #### even I got sucked in by all the positive reviews in this site, but I've come to realize there are tons of newbs that don't really know #### about guns, how they work, what to look for, etc etc. Hell one guy blew his up on the first round because he was sooo stoked with his new gun he didn't bother to disassemble and clean it up and never got to see those oil soaked rags in the barrel extension. KABOOM!
    That's the source of most of the reviews on CGN. You may not care what I have to say about the Nork M4 I got, but I'm giving real honest information, no bias, no bs, and have other rifles to compare it to. For $530 it's going to be fine and acceptable for a lot of people. I think they are worth $530....not a penny more though. And they are still very much lacking the quality of even the cheapest US made AR15.
    Yeah, I have no illusions that it isn't quite like a DD and the main reason I went with the Norc is to appease the wife. First FA, and so as not to freak her out, went with a $530 AR instead of $1700. At least I get to start shooting. When I saw the review from Civil Advantage fired about 10K rounds with no issues with any ammo, I was sold. I really wanted mil spec, cold hammer forged barrel, 1:7 twist etc etc etc but in the end, it oil boiled down to the realization that I should start with a cheap AR first, see how much I'm really gonna invest in terms of ammo to go out and shoot before going all out. If and when I wear it out, it will be a good argument to tell the wife that I should have just invested in a higher quality AR to begin with, now I have to spend more...lol

Curious as to where you could get a $750 American AR that you mentioned in a previous post though. I don't think I've seen any sold in Canada. Even Bushmasters which are not considered to be high quality ARs are over 1K I believe.
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Will drag the upper into the LGS to see if they have any ideas.
    You don't need an ATT to transport an upper, right?
    CCFR Member

Correct. One more thing to like about the AR.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    c. $580 to the door via UPS. My first AR.

I am quite content so far. Have yet to shoot the thing, but it appears to be a reasonably capable piece of kit. The trigger is abysmal - chunky with a bunch of "false start" stages. I may have to pull it apart and see what the issue is.

I'm learning lots. Got the handguards off, and now can't get 'em back on. That delta ring spring seems to be an ex-F-150 part. I've tried everything the internet recommends short of buying the Handguard Removal Tool. Just can't justify dropping money on a tool I'll likely only use the once. Will drag the upper into the LGS to see if they have any ideas.

I'm told the little pocket the forend slips into at the front is undersized on the Norincos. It fits their foreends and no one elses. Anyone else had experience with this?
    Took me 1.5 hours to get mine on had to use a flat screwdriver.
    CCFR Member

Newb question

Looking at the cq-a on Marstar and on Flaherty's and the one on Marstar doesn't come wih the rails. Is this a different model or are these after market parts?

https://alflahertys.com/product_deta...301&page_num=0

I noticed the same on the one at Rouge River today
    CNN reporter to Marine Sniper "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

Sniper "Recoil"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    That's the Canada Ammo rifle but not on sale.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.