Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Marstar for the Norinco CQ special.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NintendoDuckHunt87's Avatar
    Pretty sure this was a "thanks for the great deal Marstar" thread, not an "American made vs. Chinese made" debate thread.

This sale was for those of us who don't have large amounts of income to devote to a rifle system that realistically will never see anywhere except the trunk, the safe and the range.
    In that regards, it's a success. Judging by the responses to the 3+ threads devoted to it, Marstar has created many new AR owners, which is always a good thing.

Remember that when they come for the AR's. Quantity will be everything and not everyone's got $1000+ to spend to register a dog in the race.
    Last edited by NintendoDuckHunt87; 03-23-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    May our shots be true and timely, Our observations keen. May our bark roll out like thunder, in the name of home and Queen. May the ranks of tanks and bayonets pay heed to the power of the guns. For all the lords of battle, We are the chosen ones.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendoduckhunt87 View Post
    pretty sure this was a "thanks for the great deal marstar" thread, not an "american made vs. Chinese made" debate thread.

This sale was for those of us who don't have large amounts of income to devote to a rifle system that realistically will never see anywhere except the trunk, the safe and the range.
    In that regards, it's a success. Judging by the responses to the 3+ threads devoted to it, marstar has created many new ar owners, which is always a good thing.

Remember that when they come for the ar's. Quantity will be everything and not everyone's got $1000+ to spend to register a dog in the race.
    THIS

Didn't own or want an AR before this special... Now I got one
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoDuckHunt87 View Post
    Pretty sure this was a "thanks for the great deal Marstar" thread, not an "American made vs. Chinese made" debate thread.

In that regards, it's a success. Judging by the responses to the 3+ threads devoted to it, Marstar has created many new AR owners, which is always a good thing.

Remember that when they come for the AR's. Quantity will be everything and not everyone's got $1000+ to spend to register a dog in the race.
    Thanks for getting it back on track..... you are 100% correct.
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    They question I posed was accuracy at range... say at 100M or more. I would want any of my rifles for defensive purposes to put rounds on paper at 25M plus at a minimum and preferable at 100M. I can put rounds on paper at 25M with any of my pistols so there is no point using a rifle to do it, except, as you say, for fun. My Colt AR will put rounds in a 3-4" circle on the target at 100M all day long (with added sight of course). THAT, to me is the purpose of having a rifle.

You are correct, generally you get what you pay for. That said, I am trained on the duty use of a C8 rifle, and must requalify on it to maintain active service, and we do not have optics, and must shoot in the 9 ring at 100m to maintain proficiency. I can do this with the Colt Canada C8, and I can do this with my Norinco (DA556 from another sponsor but basically ther same). Is the Norinco equal to the Colt, no, however, it's a quarter the price. Annnnnd, it's funny, but that god damn thing shoots every bit as well at 100m using the same ammo. So half of me is shocked, and the other half is proud, that a gun so inexpensive is surprizingly well built (I've stripped both, the Commy gun is no slouch and not full of rough aluminum filings and lubed with the tears of chinese babies) and has had zero ftf or any stoppage whatsoever, when I've had 5 that I can recall in the past year alone with the C8, and I hardly ever get range time on that.

Just my thoughts on the topic of Norinco bashing as a whole, and to play the Devils Advocate, as it gets pretty tiring hearing people consistantly bash the Norincos because quite frankly, most of the time (generalizing here) they are butthurt their $1k, $2k, $3k+ 'Merica Built AR System is being threatened by "another kid and his Cheapo Norinco", and all of a sudden what used to be some superficial, arrogant "elitist" club is now in the affordability of your average shooter. Trust me, I know, I was there once. Then I grew up and realized that the more people that shoot, the better off this sport is in regards to our country and it's draconian laws.

Quote Originally Posted by BPM View Post

Just my thoughts on the topic of Norinco bashing as a whole, and to play the Devils Advocate, as it gets pretty tiring hearing people consistantly bash the Norincos because quite frankly, most of the time (generalizing here) they are butthurt their $1k, $2k, $3k+ 'Merica Built AR System is being threatened by "another kid and his Cheapo Norinco", and all of a sudden what used to be some superficial, arrogant "elitist" club is now in the affordability of your average shooter. Trust me, I know, I was there once. Then I grew up and realized that the more people that shoot, the better off this sport is in regards to our country and it's draconian laws.
    Uhh I think there is a difference between bashing and being realistic. US made AR15's start at $750 these days, not exactly out of reach for most people, and don't forget the Nork M4's are currently on sale at $529, but usually retail for $699. Out of all the reviews and praises, not a single person addressed the quality of the materials, which leads me to beleive they can't spot a cast part vs a forged part vs a MIM part. If you don't care that's fine too, but at least TRY and understand what the difference is, and WHY these are $529.
    There is nothing wrong with buying or owning a $529 AR15, but don't pretend it is the equivalent, or that it will last as long as one that is much better made out of forged 7075 aluminium, with a carpenter 158 steel bolt/carrier, and properly heat treated small parts for $750.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BPM View Post
    You are correct, generally you get what you pay for. That said, I am trained on the duty use of a C8 rifle, and must requalify on it to maintain active service, and we do not have optics, and must shoot in the 9 ring at 100m to maintain proficiency. I can do this with the Colt Canada C8, and I can do this with my Norinco (DA556 from another sponsor but basically ther same). Is the Norinco equal to the Colt, no, however, it's a quarter the price. Annnnnd, it's funny, but that god damn thing shoots every bit as well at 100m using the same ammo. So half of me is shocked, and the other half is proud, that a gun so inexpensive is surprizingly well built (I've stripped both, the Commy gun is no slouch and not full of rough aluminum filings and lubed with the tears of chinese babies) and has had zero ftf or any stoppage whatsoever, when I've had 5 that I can recall in the past year alone with the C8, and I hardly ever get range time on that.

Very well put. Haters always going to find SOMETHING to b!tch about. It shocks me to see so how ppl expect to pay so little but expect perfection. Reliability is the most important quality in a firearm and all of my norcs have that in spades.

I have named my Norinco "Helga"..... Helga may not be pretty, but she's reliable. Last night, it was very cold so Helga and I spooned..... we're both happy and now I can afford to feed her a steady diet of cheap ammo. She's a dirty girl, I like dirty girls.

I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by flyrrad View Post
    ... Last night, it was very cold so Helga and I spooned..... we're both happy and now....
    This can't possibly end well.....
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

I have often discussed this with newbies.. if you can't afford better that's fine. Knowing what you get at that price point is good to know in the sense of being aware that things may not be to spec per se and not everything may fit as intended (like some brand name accessories etc).

However.. if buying a cheaply priced AR gets you into the black rifle game then that is certainly better than not getting into it at all.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

CGN frequent flyer
    I bought one from another store, and personally didn't expect too much from it. As it is restricted I bought it more for the mechanics of the toy, than the shooting of it since I can't take it outside where it is fun to shoot rather than dark indoor ranges (Feel like a bunch of trolls hiding under bridges when I go to ranges). Anyways took her out (to range) , and shot her and was very happy with her. Although I joined the " AR style gun club", I don't really see myself how the other guys I've seen at the range consider themselves. I've seen 4 owners and they all had 2 things in common;
    1. they had no Idea how to shoot (I'm not a great shot but these guys were all over at 20 meters)
    2. They get all dressed up or dress their AR's up with more bells and whistles than gun.

Youtube, hollywood and gaming education leads to the hunched gorilla pose "double tapping" their way across the target. If at 20 meters with red dots or optical sights you cant keep your "groups" smaller than a dinner plate, pick up an old .22 and go plinking for a few years. Maybe it will teach you how to shoot. Then get tacticool.

If you need an optical sight on your ar to shoot then whether you buy a 600$ one or a 3000$ one It makes no difference they will both out shoot you, might as well buy the cheaper one so that you have something to blame for your groups.

There are very few people out there that own the high end ones because they need it, it is more of a status thing.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------