Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show us your CQA

Expired Business

Show us your CQA

We have been hearing some great things about our new batch of CQA rifles, but now we want to see them.

Post some pictures of your new pimped out CQA

We may even post some of ours

If only my CFO could be faster... Damn I want mine... No I NEED mine!

Here's one i got from you a few months back. Sorry not the best pics.

I should note that the rifle functioned flawlessly without any modifications, the modifications are just because i enjoy doing it and weren't in any way necessary. The finish on the rifle was better than i was expecting. I won't say the finish was PERFECT, but it looks like any rifle would after using it a bit. For the price i don't think you can beat this AR. The gains from getting a rifle that's 2x or 3x the price aren't that huge. If you are looking to spend 1k+ then awesome, but if you want a rifle you know is going to work, and are conscious of the price... the CQA is for you!

Here's the list of non-stock parts on it.
    • YHM 5C2 flash hider (The color of it is much lighter than the rifle... might replace it)
    • Vortex SPARC red dot sight
    • Magpul MBUS backup sights
    • Magpul MAID grip (should have just gone with the MOE since thats the configuration i run it in)
    • Magpul ASAP sling mount
    • Diamondhead USA VRS-T free float hand guard (i love this BTW very comfortable)
    • Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
    • Vltor low profile gas block
    • other odds and ends you can't see

Nice comment, kage123. That's what I thought too. I just got the rifle yesterday then did a disassembly and initial cleaning last night. As far as I can tell the fit and finish is pretty good. It does have some kind of wobble between upper and lower receiver but not bad in my standard. Other parts are tight and dandy. I'll hit the range some day to see how it works. As kage123 said, stay away if you expect thousands dollars state of art quality rifle, but if you want a work horse with a good looking in a economical way this should be a good choice.

ps. The Magpul Gen M3 mag I bought for it couldn't slip out freely when you push the mag release.
    Last edited by 5kong; 03-22-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Here's mine how she sits at the moment. Magpul RVG, CTR stock, MOE grip and trigger guard, MBUS and gen 3 pmags. Saving up for optics/waiting for the SPARC 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 5kong View Post

ps. The Magpul Gen M3 mag I bought for it couldn't slip out freely when you push the mag release.
    Strange, is there any over molding/extra plastic? All my M3 mags drop free even when empty and that's 20 and 30 rounders.

Mine are 30 rounders with window. They look totally fine. Strange indeed.

Have you tried with a USGI mag?

Quote Originally Posted by 5kong View Post
    Mine are 30 rounders with window. They look totally fine. Strange indeed.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    My wife's Marstar M4...

My Marstar M4...

GREAT guns! And, since these pics, we have added Elite 6500 1.25-8 scopes with GG&G QD mounts. We can print pretty good groups with this setup!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NintendoDuckHunt87's Avatar

May our shots be true and timely, Our observations keen. May our bark roll out like thunder, in the name of home and Queen. May the ranks of tanks and bayonets pay heed to the power of the guns. For all the lords of battle, We are the chosen ones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast