Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SKS prices in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Interesting thread... I've been in business for a few years. I don't think I'd ever taunt my customers with an I told you so thread, say I'm out of the product and you should have bought them when they were cheap.

But hey its your business thread, you can do what you want.... but I have to tell you, I've never done business with Westrifle and this thread doesn't inspire me to.
    They're great to do business with. They will go the extra mile. For example, Canada Post managed to snap the stock of a beautiful SVT-40 I bought from them. These guys drove out a replacement to my house!

I don't see it as taunting. He warned, he was attacked for doing so. Now he's basically saying that it was no BS...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I remember seeing them selling for $700.00-$800.00 in the US last year.
    Quite possibly, but America "came close" to another assault weapons restriction. So panic buying took over since John Smith needed to protect his 2nd Amendment rights.

Even my Canadian-born, anti-firearm, senior citizen parents who live in TN were considering buying a gun in show of support for the 2nd amendment.

I think that for $700 - $800 I could probably build someone a few SKS's just from the spare parts I have laying around from all the SKS I've owned. lol. Should have gone into business State-side...

Doesn't seem to be a taunt, but I guess you can take the coment any way you want.All he is saying is may 25 is the earliest for export . I have dealt with westrifle and they are awesome! To everybody say that they wouldn't pay over $200 for a sks, what can you buy (semi auto ,new production and not a 22 or sks) for under $600? I love the sks, it is a tank!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I bought a good number of Russian rifles from these guys and always got Quality and value for my money, they said mosins would go up in at least the short term and they did ( they used to sell shooter grade, still nice, mosins for $110) perhaps the sks will too, or people will buy more Chinese. The guys at Westrifle are ex Russians/Czech I believe, they don't mince words, similar to Putin ( nicer guys than Putin though)! It is their heritage to tell it like they see it and people have to take it that way!
    Other companies in Canada still have sks, not sure how many/quality or price so time will tell if the shortage occurs! Westrifle is telling you to get SKS Now, and you can't get them from Westrifle, so I do not understand anyone saying they are trying to jack up prices,, they are sending you to the competition, trying to save cgner's money ( possibly)!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    For the price of an SKS I would encourage ever PAL holder to buy at least one.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=FreedomIsn'tFree;9884016]For the price of an SKS I would encourage ever PAL holder to buy at least one.[/QUOTE
    Yep for sure, wrote a blurb but then realized I was on westrifles site so moved it to red rifles!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    Just picked up a nice unissued Russian SKS at my local Canadian Tire - even got some Canadian Tire money!

Looks solidly built. An SKS expert friend of mine will be joining me on Sunday for the first shoot!

Peter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    Well, you can buy the Ruger Ranch 762x39 for close to a grand or the SKS 762x39 for $170....and lots of money left over for 1,000 rounds of ammo, gas& tires for the truck, new work boots, a wild night out, a new vacume for the wife LOL....on and on. I think an SKS is the best Bang for your buck.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    he wasn't taunting , hes was just answering questions from his concern customers .

1. there is no advantage to telling you to buy now cos he has none to sell .
    2. buying from a dealer doesn't help him bcos that dealer may not have bought from him
    3. his dealers who wants to order more now will have to go to his competitor , remember he has none.
    4. he received a notice of a price increase .

price were expected to rise anyway , just look at the falling Candollar?

you guys got to learn from history , buy it when its cheap and plentiful. several decades ago LE was in the same position as the Russian SKS , people bubbaed them to sporters, sounds familiar? now they are paying an arm for nice wood . last month on EE a nos in wrap was sold for $1200 .

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post

price were expected to rise anyway , just look at the falling Candollar?

you guys got to learn from history , buy it when its cheap and plentiful. several decades ago LE was in the same position as the Russian SKS , people bubbaed them to sporters, sounds familiar? now they are paying an arm for nice wood . last month on EE a nos in wrap was sold for $1200 .
    This man speaks the truth. Dad got a very large shock when he went shopping for an 1894. Now excuse me while I go downtown find a nice laminate SKS to stack away in my safe with the others.