Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SKS prices in Canada

Checked a couple of my local gun shops yesterday,,, last week they had quite a few nice SKS's for sale,,, all that's left now is beat up junk...
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

CGN frequent flyer speedjunkiesracing's Avatar
    Thanks AL
    Picked up 2 more Russians Tulas.
    The Toecutter, He knows who I am

Quote Originally Posted by westarm View Post
    as usual someone tries to pass along some info and gets bashed for it, some things never change, and the sks naysayers, if you dont like em why would you read a thread called " SKS prices in canada" in the first place, seriously... go buy a real gun??? is this for real, if you cant have a ton of fun with an sks you probably dont know how to have fun, go strap your benelli over your shoulder and walk around in the woods for hours between shots if thats what makes you happy, anyone i know that owns an sks loves it, if you hate sks rifles you should wear a shirt that says " F.U.D.D."
    It doesn't cost enough, you know if it doesn't cost over a grand it must be crap

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    I am not here to scary you guys. I am here to warn you. I am sending you to competition who has not raised the prices yet. All I am saying buy it now. What Sks should be priced at is the market and supply will do over time. Sks in Canada were sold for 350 dollars 5 years ago. Then supply was flooded and it went down.
    Now the problem now is that the government in Ukraine raising the prices. Everyone who buys them there will have increase on their cost. Which is going to be passed to consumers.
    Second factor that plays a big effect is USA dollar is up from 1.05 to 1.13 you pay 8 cents more for every dollar that you spend overseas. That means if you bought rifle for 100 dollars now it is 113 dollars. You paid 10 (13 cad) dollars to transport it now it is 126 dollars. Then you get taxed on 126 dollars 5 % (6.3 dollars) makes it 132.3 now you add duty 7% 141.56 cost to importer. Now how much profit he puts it is his decision.
    If you think Sks are not going up then it is your own decision.
    Also yesterday Ukraine signed association with EU. UN first demand was to destroy all Russian firearms and equipment. What happens to supply when it happens? LE enfield story sounds familiar again.
    Also to those who think that this thread is for me to mock them I can tell you that when I post that I do not have Sks is because I do not want hundred emails saying can I buy one. I do not have any in stock. I have only 1949 models which is more expensive then standard Sks.
    Thanks for the heads up.....if anyone was considering buying an SKS at a good price , now would be the time to buy . The UN and NATO has been pressuring the Ukraine ever since the break up of the Soviet Union to destroy their military stock piles of weapons . The bulk of Soviet Small Arms were warehoused in the Ukraine as the Soviets felt that would be the gateway to Europe if there was ever another war . Many of these small arms have found their way into conflicts around the world and that led the UN and NATO to push for the destruction of these firearms . Some were destroyed , some were sold , and many more were stolen from unguarded warehouses and sold on the worlds ' black market to countries in conflict . Now that the Western Nations is providing aid to the Ukraine , no doubt there will be great pressure for the Ukraine to destroy the remaining stock piles of these former Soviet surplus weapons as a condition in recieving Western support.....

Got two Russians already, one beater Tula that I shoot the s#!t out of and a unissued un fired izhevsk. Always wanted a chi-com military type 56 so I just snagged one from marstar.

EU and UN offering billions and want these guns destroyed.

The Russian and Ukraine currency has fallen against the Canadian dollar. Wouldn't that make the russian sks cheaper to buy.

Today I was at my Local WSS and they advised me they had "quite a few" left. They wouldn't let me go through their supply so I just asked for the lightest colored Laminate that they had. After opening many boxes she returned with this.
    Regular prices are still $199 for hardwood, $219 for laminate, With the cosmoline already stripped!! all are individually boxed so that's a plus in my eyes. Anyways went up to the check out and it rang in for $209 with the regular sks swag.

Quote Originally Posted by HIT_MAN View Post
    Today I was at my Local WSS and they advised me they had "quite a few" left. They wouldn't let me go through their supply so I just asked for the lightest colored Laminate that they had. After opening many boxes she returned with this.
    Regular prices are still $199 for hardwood, $219 for laminate, With the cosmoline already stripped!! all are individually boxed so that's a plus in my eyes. Anyways went up to the check out and it rang in for $209 with the regular sks swag.
    Your lucky,,, I went to WSS in Calgary... I couldn't pick through their stock either.... but they did bring 3 out for me to look at.... all junk...
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    Your lucky,,, I went to WSS in Calgary... I couldn't pick through their stock either.... but they did bring 3 out for me to look at.... all junk...
    I would find that somewhat annoying. Ya it's not as expensive as a vehicle. But if you go
    To a dealership/used lot to buy a truck. They will let you look at the ones you want.