Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two noob questions, one transport and one home defense

Now here's a question.
    Say that you are in a home invasion situation. You have taken your firearm from its properly stored place and determined that the threat is deadly. You defend yourself with one or two shots however you do not kill the attacker. You have injured him allowing you to disarm the attacker and wait for police.

What then??

Actually, OP, if you don't mind, i have something i am rather 'unclear about' to ask your audience of..It's about home storage laws.

Hypothetically speaking, if you have a small, keypad steel safe in your bedroom, can one keep a handgun in it? and along with the handgun, a loaded mag sitting separate from the gun, but in the same safe?

I've asked people, but could never get a clear, definitive answer...
    23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum..._general_rules"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rem74283 View Post
    Now here's a question.
    Say that you are in a home invasion situation. You have taken your firearm from its properly stored place and determined that the threat is deadly. You defend yourself with one or two shots however you do not kill the attacker. You have injured him allowing you to disarm the attacker and wait for police.

What then??
    Then he can/will TRY and sue you for unwarranted force. IMHO if you are forced to defend yourself or your family with your Firearm......make sure the invader doesn't get up.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by sheekster1977 View Post
    Actually, OP, if you don't mind, i have something i am rather 'unclear about' to ask your audience of..It's about home storage laws.

Hypothetically speaking, if you have a small, keypad steel safe in your bedroom, can one keep a handgun in it? and along with the handgun, a loaded mag sitting separate from the gun, but in the same safe?

I've asked people, but could never get a clear, definitive answer...
    Yes you can

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Yes you can
    This is an absolutely, 100% sure 'yes you can'? The gun doesn't need a trigger lock or anything? just loose in the safe, but not loaded, but a loaded mag in there for company?
    23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

I've has people tell me that in those situations you should put the first shot between his eyes and the next into the floor. Tell the police you fired a warning shot. Neighbours wont know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sheekster1977 View Post
    This is an absolutely, 100% sure 'yes you can'? The gun doesn't need a trigger lock or anything? just loose in the safe, but not loaded, but a loaded mag in there for company?

Restricted

Storage

◾Must be unloaded.
    ◾Must be secured by a locking device (e.g. trigger lock) so that it cannot be fired and must be locked into a room or container that is hard to break into; or must be locked in a safe/vault (if locked in a safe, there is no need for a secure locking device).
    ◾Vehicle storage: Locked container with firearm must be locked in the trunk area or other similar compartment. If vehicle does not have such a compartment, the container must be put out of sight and the vehicle locked securely

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Restricted

Storage

◾Must be unloaded.
    ◾Must be secured by a locking device (e.g. trigger lock) so that it cannot be fired and must be locked into a room or container that is hard to break into; or must be locked in a safe/vault (if locked in a safe, there is no need for a secure locking device).
    ◾Vehicle storage: Locked container with firearm must be locked in the trunk area or other similar compartment. If vehicle does not have such a compartment, the container must be put out of sight and the vehicle locked securely
    Great, thanks Padawan.

be careful! Theres a fine line there. "separate storage" is open to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by rem74283 View Post
    be careful! Theres a fine line there. "separate storage" is open to interpretation.
    And this is where i get with most of the people I ask this question of..It becomes sort of a Grey area..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast