Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two noob questions, one transport and one home defense

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Restricted

Storage

◾Must be unloaded.
    ◾Must be secured by a locking device (e.g. trigger lock) so that it cannot be fired and must be locked into a room or container that is hard to break into; or must be locked in a safe/vault (if locked in a safe, there is no need for a secure locking device).
    ◾Vehicle storage: Locked container with firearm must be locked in the trunk area or other similar compartment. If vehicle does not have such a compartment, the container must be put out of sight and the vehicle locked securely

a "safe" has its definitions too. I have a Canadian Tire tin "locker". it wouldn't classify as a safe. I have a friend with a certified "vault" in his house. He can store his restricted inside unlocked.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rem74283 View Post
    I've has people tell me that in those situations you should put the first shot between his eyes and the next into the floor. Tell the police you fired a warning shot. Neighbours wont know the difference.
    I find it hard to imagine any circumstance where I would allow an invader to get close enough to me for a clean head shot. Or that I'll be able to keep calm enough to pull off a shot like that. Aim for the easiest part to hit. If he/she is still alive.......sweep the house a few dozen times to make sure your family is safe and there is no one left in the house that may what to harm you, before calling 911.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by sheekster1977 View Post
    Actually, OP, if you don't mind, i have something i am rather 'unclear about' to ask your audience of..It's about home storage laws.

Hypothetically speaking, if you have a small, keypad steel safe in your bedroom, can one keep a handgun in it? and along with the handgun, a loaded mag sitting separate from the gun, but in the same safe?

I've asked people, but could never get a clear, definitive answer...
    This is how I keep my pistol, in a keypad safe (bolted to my rifle safe). My pistol is stored without a magazine in it however I have 4 magazines all of which are full as well as a few hundred rounds of ammo in boxes. The pistol is not trigger locked. This is perfectly legal so long as the magazines are not in the pistol itself
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sheekster1977 View Post
    And this is where i get with most of the people I ask this question of..It becomes sort of a Grey area..
    I know of someone who is a line walker and a zombie apocalypse type that has a soft case with a divider in it. He keeps an empty semi on one side and a loaded mag on the other (separate storage) . held closed with a small tie wrap (locking device). One quick pull to break the tie wrap, reach in with a practiced hand and grab both the semi and the mag, load and chamber, timed himself under 3 seconds.

a "safe" has its definitions too. I have a Canadian Tire tin "locker". it wouldn't classify as a safe. I have a friend with a certified "vault" in his house. He can store his restricted inside unlocked.
    He is asking about a small Keypad, steel SAFE. He's not asking about a Tin CTC container.

Murph83

I know of someone who is a line walker and a zombie apocalypse type that has a soft case with a divider in it. He keeps an empty semi on one side and a loaded mag on the other (separate storage) . held closed with a small tie wrap (locking device). One quick pull to break the tie wrap, reach in with a practiced hand and grab both the semi and the mag, load and chamber, timed himself under 3 seconds.
    No divider needed. You can store loaded mags in the Safe beside, but not in the Firearm.

Murph83

I find it hard to imagine any circumstance where I would allow an invader to get close enough to me for a clean head shot. Or that I'll be able to keep calm enough to pull off a shot like that. Aim for the easiest part to hit. If he/she is still alive.......sweep the house a few dozen times to make sure your family is safe and there is no one left in the house that may what to harm you, before calling 911.
    good point

No divider needed. You can store loaded mags in the Safe beside, but not in the Firearm.
    what about transport. cant have a loaded mag in the case then right?

oh, by the way, this was in his vehicle. not a valid safe.

what about transport. cant have a loaded mag in the case then right?
    Yes you can have loaded mag in a case for transport so long as the case is locked and the firearm is also trigger locked
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast