Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Carbines and M14F Rifles Available Now!

Can you put the link back up to the original ad so I can see what you were offering to be ready for next time? It's frustrating being a few hours too late to even see the ad. Thanks.
    Member of the CPC, CSSA, CCFR, OFAH and NRA
    "The disarming of citizens has been a tragic and bloody failure. Violent crime has increased everywhere it's been tried as it serves only to embolden the still-armed criminal. NOT IN MY CANADA!"

What do the Carbines come with for magazines? The site doesn't specify (or I'm blind).

Thanks.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grostage View Post
    aren't forged receivers only a real benefit when the gun has fully auto select fire? Which these or any brands that are available to us are not fully automatic so to me it seems a little overkill. As for the norinco m305's...go ahead keep supporting the chinese economy, good job...i'll take my springfield any day over one of those.
    Life is Garand

Since the 1970’s investment cast steel receivers for commercial M1 carbines have been common, with satisfactory performance. My I-J has mostly cast parts; slide, bolt, hammer, trigger housing, in addition to the receiver. Cast steel alloys, whether 86XX or 41XX series, duplicate metallurgical properties of equivalent wrought steel. Just because a new commercial carbine has a milled receiver, doesn’t make it superior to a casting. In fact, if the receiver has not been forged from the billet before the machining, optimum physical propertied won’t be attained.

This being said, you can’t ignore the subsequent heat treatment, which provides the final strength properties. Unless the hardness range of parts, especially the receiver and bolt meet original USGI specs, it might be unsafe.

If you want to see a replica M1 carbine receiver, subject of this thread, see this website, a well known replica parts provider: www.riverbankarmory.com/parts1.html . Scroll about 1/3 down the page.

Correct spelling is ROCK-OLA, photo looks more like ROCX-OLA, and note the rough machining on the lower right of the slide surface. That font is even close to original, but on the other hand these are not real Rock-Ola products from 70 years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised if these Rocx-Ola’s had a cast bolt, hammer, and trigger housing.

Retired metallurgist

Can I see actual photo of M1 carbine?

CGN Regular
    On the JRA site it indicates they are using "Rockola" as a brand for their reproduction firearms and as a tribute to Rock-Ola and other companies that converted to manufacture firearms during World War II.

The original M14 was produced after the war and not by Rock-Ola, so the JRA "Rockola M14F" is a nice reproduction but the Rockola aspect is branding and not history.

I have been waiting for this for some time now. I can't believe my eyes! Oh MY! I almost bought one last year but it was 18.5" and I wanted the original gi specs so I waited. Thank goodness! Both these rifles are beautiful. Must have both!

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Huge response on these! We sold out the entire M14F shipment in about twelve hours and over half the M1 Carbines are gone as well!
    Wow. that was fast. Doesn't surprise me though.

How long before you get the M14F? =(

what accessories come with each rifle....

Expried Business Member
    Should have another small shipment in a couple of weeks, i might even have one of the M21's coming too!

Gary

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast