Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Carbines and M14F Rifles Available Now!

Expried Business Member

Lightbulb James River Armory M1 Carbines and M14F Rifles Available Now!

We've waited long enough to go public with them, but the M14F (Non-Restricted) and M1 Carbine (Non-Restricted) from James River Armory are finally on our doorstep and ready to go to some new homes! By now most of our Canadian enthusiasts are aware of the name, but for those who aren't, James River Armory have built their reputation on expert restorations of classic WWII USGI and foreign service rifles. With many surplus firearms, especially American ones, becoming very difficult to acquire in number in the US, James River Armory has turned their attention to producing new manufacture rifles built to-spec from the original US military ordnance drawings and technical specifications documents. With the Rock-O-La line, licensed from the original jukebox and M1 carbine maker of the WWII era, James River Armory has stepped into the manufacturing business with some fantastic results.

Their first two rifles: the M1 Carbine and the M14 rifle.

JRA Rock-O-La M14F .308WIN

CLICK HERE

Built from an 8260 steel forging, these rifles contain zero cast or MIM parts of any kind, which is a massive step up in quality, durability, truth-to-spec, and performance from other offerings claiming to be milspec on the market today. The JRA M14F rifles are built from original US technical drawings, not reverse engineered from commercial rifles; another step up from some other manufacturers. And they are universally built around full-length Criterion competition-grade barrels, meaning a big jump from the base models on the market at a similar price point from other makers when it comes down to the important business: driving tacks downrange. They're fitted to hand-shaped American black walnut stocks and are fully compatible with any USGI part, stock or otherwise, on the market.

JRA Rock-O-La M1 Carbine .30

CLICK HERE

The Rock-O-La brand was a household name during WWII for their popular jukeboxes found all across America -- but their wartime gig was making M1 Carbines for the US government in the fight against the Axis powers. Soldiers found humor and reminders of home in the Rock-O-La stamped military rifles, and after the war they became popular collector's items. With the cooperation of the Rock-O-La company, JRA has licensed the name to produce a truly exceptional modern manufacture M1 Carbine, built from the original USGI blueprints. There are no "commercial spec" parts in these like some other varieties -- every aspect of the JRA M1 Carbines is completely identical to USGI parts in measure and exceeds the original in quality thanks to current technology. The receivers are made from billet 8260 steel for a rifle of excellent quality, and paired to a Criterion match barrel for the most accurate carbine possible. With new American black walnut stocks, these look as nice as they shoot.

These are ready now! We had some backorders for the M14F rifles and after filling those we have fairly limited numbers of the big .308 war rifle available for public sale. If you're looking for the best possible non-restricted M1 Carbine or the nicest forged M14 around, you can have them shipped to your door on our everyday low $10 flat rate expedited shipping!

Cheers,
    Daniel

The M14F costs more than a Springfield National Match M1A, is this a better rifle?

Expried Business Member
    The last time we had a National Match was with a strong Canadian dollar and they were $2799. The last time I personally saw one for sale in Canada it was closer to $2950. Right now, if I could get a Springfield M1A National Match in stock -- and I cannot, because Springfield is currently prioritizing US orders and not shipping M1A rifles to Canadians via proper distribution channels -- they would sit at around $2950-3000 to start. So no, these are not more than a National Match.

These are closer on par, pricewise, to the Springfield Standard M1A, which based on today's dollar would float around $2300 -- but these are a MUCH nicer rifle than a Springfield Standard. These come with a match grade Criterion barrel and a forged receiver and fully machined parts, instead of standard barrel, a cast receiver, and some MIM parts as found in the Springfield rifles. As Springfields are not even forged receivers, you're better off comparing these to an LRB (starting between $3000 and $4000) than a Springfield.

Cheers,
    Daniel

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    Were you getting 22" in as well or just the 18.5" M14's?

Expried Business Member
    As per the specs on the product page, all the M14Fs in stock are the full-length USGI-style 22" barrels, made by Criterion. We do not have any 18.5" model M14F rifles available at this time but we just may on the next shipment!

Cheers,
    Daniel

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    My apologies, totally got the two webpages I had open mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    As per the specs on the product page, all the M14Fs in stock are the full-length USGI-style 22" barrels, made by Criterion. We do not have any 18.5" model M14F rifles available at this time but we just may on the next shipment!

Cheers,
    Daniel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Nice to see more choices on the market .
    Wow $1400 for a reproduction Rock-o-la M1 carbine .
    I wonder what my Original Rock-o-la is worth $$$$$$$
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Ok good to know, thanks for the details as I'm trying to learn what I can about these rifles. You're correct they aren't more than a Springfield NM M1A, they are the same cost. Another CGN sponsor has 1 listed for the exact same price. I guess its the details now. I understand Springfield has a long established reputation. James River Armory im not sure of. Whats their track record? Is there any range reports or other info on these? They are obviously not real Rock-O-La, just licensed the brand name.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    So do the m1 carbines have a restricted length barrel?
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1978 View Post
    Ok good to know, thanks for the details as I'm trying to learn what I can about these rifles. You're correct they aren't more than a Springfield NM M1A, they are the same cost. Another CGN sponsor has 1 listed for the exact same price. I guess its the details now. I understand Springfield has a long established reputation. James River Armory im not sure of. Whats their track record? Is there any range reports or other info on these? They are obviously not real Rock-O-La, just licensed the brand name.
    Do some research. The current m14s being built by Springfield use cast and mim metals and parts which equals=pooh pooh, bloody norinco uses better metals on the m305. The current Springfields are not what they use to be.

James River is building m14s like they use to be made. Properly forged, way better barrels and NO mim parts like in Springfields. James river is putting out a much better rifle at a more then fair price.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast