Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Norinco 1911 government $299 SALE

Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
    Is the chrome model a flat/powder type finish or is it a polished/mirror type finish? Also would the chrome make it harder to sight due to the bright finish in bright sun?
    It looks more like brushed aluminum. I've been told it's technically a "hard chrome" finish, & not "polished chrome". I still love the look & have no issues with sighting in. Maybe because it's a dull/matte finish? I dunno? Seems fine to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Money Cop View Post
    It looks more like brushed aluminum. I've been told it's technically a "hard chrome" finish, & not "polished chrome". I still love the look & have no issues with sighting in. Maybe because it's a dull/matte finish? I dunno? Seems fine to me...
    Thanks. Yeah it looked like a dull finish to me just wanted to make sure. I really like the chrome over the two tone look much better for some reason.

Will the shorter sight radius make much of a difference?
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JACKSMYDOG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    From what I've been reading on this site I've come to conclude that the 9mm Norcs are something to keep away from anyway, if you don't want to futz with it.

If I had the spare cash I'd buy one of these to beat on. Maybe try loading black powder 45ACP or some such silliness
    I've had 3 three of the 9mm Norc 1911s, one was the older style with single sided safety and two of the newer SPORT models. All three were unmodified, and all shot fantastic. Very accurate and reliable, not one ftf/fte that I can recall.

The only problem I've experienced is with the one I currently have. I bought it used, cleaned and inspected it when it arrived, then put about 2K rounds through it. The last time I used it I noticed the front sight has become very loose and can be taken right out with little effort. It is in the shop right now getting new sights, and I'm doing a trigger job while it's there. Otherwise the only modification is a new set of VZ Operator2 grips. I even use 6 Norinco magazines for it, and haven't had any problems with those either.
    I may be an A$$hole, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
    Will the shorter sight radius make much of a difference?
    Sights are clean & fully adjustable at the rear! Shoots straight for me... ;-)
    Last edited by Money Cop; 08-15-2014 at 08:16 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    $279. now!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112