Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New XCR Bolt

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Well thats disappointing since I slready spent a bunch of money on a parts kit with the old stuff.
    Why you don't have to upgrade. If your old system is working why bother changing it.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeboarder View Post
    Just purchased an xcr-l a month ago. What is the benefit of switching over to this new system if you don't mind me asking? Are you still going to carry the older parts if we choose not to make the switch?

Thanks
    Yes we will have the older parts available. I don't know if there is a benefit to switching an existing system. This is just a new evolution of the rifle system. It is supposed to help with trigger slap if you are having problems with that, but that can usually be cured by turning down the gas system or in some of the older first series guns, having the trigger redone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    What is the cost of the new style recoil buffers? Might be good to have a few spares as others have mentioned in a XCR discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    What is the cost of the new style recoil buffers? Might be good to have a few spares as others have mentioned in a XCR discussion.
    The buffers are about $15.00 If you keep your gas system set to a minimum your buffers should last forever.

Hey Grumpy or John do the new Keymod XCR-ls have this new bolt? I ordered yesterday.
    We are defined by our actions-

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansurvivor View Post
    Hey Grumpy or John do the new Keymod XCR-ls have this new bolt? I ordered yesterday.
    All new complete keymod XCR-L firearms will have the new bolt setup in them. You sir, have the latest and greatest coming your way!

How long will the old version be supported? Is there a time frame that I have before you guys only carry the new style parts?

BANNED
    delete
    Last edited by jonythebeast; 01-20-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonythebeast View Post
    So basically I gather from this that barrels, pins, springs, trigger groups and firing pins are all the same. The only things that have changed is A) new bolt B) new bolt carrier C) new recoil buffer? Is that all?
    Firing pins are different.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR600 View Post
    How long will the old version be supported? Is there a time frame that I have before you guys only carry the new style parts?
    Not at all, with the thousands of old style guns in use I do not see a time in the foreseeable future when we will not be supporting the old style guns.

We do not see any requirement for customers to rush out and purchase the new bolt system. I will not bother to upgrade my own gun.

I offered the news of the new bolt system as many people had asked about it, not because it was an important upgrade. Owners only need to consider the bolt system when ordering caliber conversion kits. The kits we have in stock are old style while we have started selling complete rifles with new style bolt systems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast