Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New XCR Bolt

Hi, if the new style buffer is made of a much stronger material, is there a possibility to have older style buffers made of that stronger material too ?

to quote my grandpa "don't trouble trouble, until trouble comes troubling you"

not that it matters I have the xcr-M

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuromaku View Post
    Hi, if the new style buffer is made of a much stronger material, is there a possibility to have older style buffers made of that stronger material too ?
    Same material. Buffers should last a long time if you have your gas settings down far enough and running lots of internal lubrication on the rifles.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Thanks for the reply ! I must have misread the original post - and yep, I treat my XCR with lots of care ! Thank you again.

CGN Regular
    Apologies for my lack of knowledge but what function does that small pin that inserts laterally into the bolt carrier serve? I was disassembling my gun and noticed that it slides in and out very easily and is not retained by anything? Being a noob I would have easily lost it had I taken the gun apart anywhere but my kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoPac View Post
    Apologies for my lack of knowledge but what function does that small pin that inserts laterally into the bolt carrier serve? I was disassembling my gun and noticed that it slides in and out very easily and is not retained by anything? Being a noob I would have easily lost it had I taken the gun apart anywhere but my kitchen.
    I think you must be referring to the firing pin retainer, is this a new style or old style bolt?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I think you must be referring to the firing pin retainer, is this a new style or old style bolt?
    The new style. It's the T-pin pointing up represented at the bottom of the OP picture of the bolt carrier. Mine just falls out when the carrier is tipped over. I'm guessing it's a critical part but it's so small and not retained I can see myself carelessly losing it?

Quote Originally Posted by SnoPac View Post
    The new style. It's the T-pin pointing up represented at the bottom of the OP picture of the bolt carrier. Mine just falls out when the carrier is tipped over. I'm guessing it's a critical part but it's so small and not retained I can see myself carelessly losing it?
    That pin should be retained by a small "O" ring round the head of the pin making it a friction fit, this stops it from falling out. I hate to say it, but I don't have any spare O rings in stock but I will order some in. In the meantime please keep an eye on it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    That pin should be retained by a small "O" ring round the head of the pin making it a friction fit, this stops it from falling out. I hate to say it, but I don't have any spare O rings in stock but I will order some in. In the meantime please keep an eye on it.
    Definitely no o-ring on my gun. It shot flawlessly for 150 rounds but considering how loose it is, I won't fire it again until I can get my hands on that part. I'll follow up by email. Thank you.

Can a ambi magazine release be installed on a older XCR-L?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123