Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New arrivals at marstar

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    I find it funny how this was posted by Johnone and not Johntwo. Is it just me or Did Johnone not make a post about not posting here anymore. Must have been a dream I guess. Anyway as always Marstar has great deals.

Dave,
    I apologize to one and all for posting these specials, I will refer any future postings to Johntwo

Thanks for brining in more 1897's John! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next week to order one.
    CSSA | CCFR

I confirmed that Numrich will ship the trenchgun heatshield/bayo lug to Canada. They are kind of expensive but I spoke with some people on American milsurp forums and they are very well made with a good reputation, and they use them on Norinco 1897s south of the border as well. Numrich also sell M1917 bayonets for these guns (but those are currently sold out).

So that convinced me. I just sent my order to Marstar for the M-97, and I can add my own heatshield when I feel an overwhelming desire to dress it up as a trench gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_trout View Post
    I very much want a trench gun, but if you don't have any a normal 1897 will do for me. The trench gun has the same barrel (20") as far as I know. The only difference was the bayonet lug and heat shield accessories from what I read. The ability to slam fire should be common to all of these shotguns as they traditionally lack a trigger disconnector.

Reproduction trench hardware is available in America. I have no idea if anyone can bring these in:

But like I said, if Marstar has factory trench guns coming soon, I will happily wait for those.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lejarretnoir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    What sort of choke on that shotgun, John?
    Should be Cyl. Bore like the original.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lejarretnoir View Post
    Should be Cyl. Bore like the original.
    That's my hoped-for assumption as well. I could see myself tossing slugs with something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KRASHED View Post
    So is there any reason for the fairly substantial price jump on the M305's from last time they were here?
    The site refers to the exchange rate on the Canadian dollar. There were also some rumors recently in the past about Norinco running out of receivers and having to manufacture more, and their price of labour in general going up.

I'd be more interested on what changed in this new batch of rifles. Hopefully someone that ordered one will give their first impressions and post pics of their rifle either here or on the battle rifle board.
    Last edited by WHOPPER_JR; 03-27-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: my grammar sucks

Wallet: Don't do it! Don't you dare do it!"
    Me: "But I want an 1897 so baaad"
    These things won't be around for long

I'm really tempted to jump on one of those 1897s, but I'd just like a bit more info, if that's possible.

Firstly, can Johnone or Johntwo confirm if these are takedown models or not? Also what kind of choke is on the 97? And do they have the magtube plug with the necessary 9/32 stud on the ned to attach a bayonet lug and heat shield? I really want to buy one of these but because these are completely brand new, never before seen products, I'm a bit wary of being a guinea pig before more details are confirmed. Depending on how this info comes out, I'd love to pick one up and do an in-depth review :D

Also, anyone want to do a group order of heatshield/bay lugs from Numrich or Partsforantiqueguns?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    Also, anyone want to do a group order of heatshield/bay lugs from Numrich or Partsforantiqueguns?
    I should have done that, but I ordered my heatshield with a bunch of other stuff. They have a $30 export paperwork fee, but they can ship up to $1000 to Canadian customers.

But a group buy is a smart idea.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    Damn that price
    Yeah. I think I'll buy a "Type 870" for almost half the price.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast