Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New arrivals at marstar

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    So no trench gun versions eh?
    I don't think it is do-able on this M97. The barrel walls might be too thin due to machining of the choke. It doesn't look like there would be enough metal left in the barrel to groove the clearance cuts for the screws. If anyone was thinking of trying to install a heat shield....be careful you don't cut through your barrel !
    Happiness is a warm gun
    Bang bang, shoot shoot.

The Beatles, 1968

Help! I can't seem to find that gold gun anywhere on the website!, help!,!,

Quote Originally Posted by KDG View Post
    I don't think it is do-able on this M97. The barrel walls might be too thin due to machining of the choke. It doesn't look like there would be enough metal left in the barrel to groove the clearance cuts for the screws. If anyone was thinking of trying to install a heat shield....be careful you don't cut through your barrel !
    I am anxious now. My M97 arrived yesterday, but the heatshield hasn't landed yet.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Another win by Marstar. Thanks!

Man I wish it was this one, but will save up for one in any case. Good supply of mags I hope.

look like a toy...ugly!!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's been 100 years, if we can't figure out another way to attach a heatshield onto a shotgun, then maybe it wasn't meant to be lol. In all seriousness, I look forward to your review of the shotgun and the heatshield. If the ydon;t fit, another way of attaching it mught be to machine a new magazaine plug out of a stronger steel with the nub at the end threaded. Just drill a hole through the heatshield and put a screw through. Before the flaming starts, keep in mind that this is a 30-second, 10:30 mostly-drunk idea for a (hopefully) nonexistant problem... Whatever happens please post pics!

Will Marstar price beat lever arms selling the cf98 for 350 bucks now?
    Last edited by DAR 701; 04-13-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAR 701 View Post
    Will Marstar price beat lever arms selling the cf98 for 325 bucks now?
    Lever is 350. Not 325.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Just realized that.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

CGN Regular

An '870 type' with a Mossberg safety? Excellent

Although not mentioned yet, it looks like the 12 gauge '870-type' JW2005 has the safety in the Mossberg location on top, easily visible and away from the trigger. A bonus, and not just to us left-handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's been 100 years, if we can't figure out another way to attach a heatshield onto a shotgun, then maybe it wasn't meant to be lol. In all seriousness, I look forward to your review of the shotgun and the heatshield. If the ydon;t fit, another way of attaching it mught be to machine a new magazaine plug out of a stronger steel with the nub at the end threaded. Just drill a hole through the heatshield and put a screw through. Before the flaming starts, keep in mind that this is a 30-second, 10:30 mostly-drunk idea for a (hopefully) nonexistant problem... Whatever happens please post pics!
    My Numrich heat shield/bayo lug arrived today. It seems like a quality product, and at a glance the bottom screws do not appear to bite into the barrel as much as I was dreading (but there is still not a lot to work with thanks to the chokes). I will turn these over to a friendly neighborhood gunsmith and get a professional opinion.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast