Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mag/slide issue

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    I thought this is just how the Norcs worked. I've always had to press the mag release to insert a magazine.
    What surface needs to be filed to fix this?
    this is a good question, i have no idea. I am going to do some investigating but if anyone has specific info this would be much appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NintendoDuckHunt87's Avatar
    Your mag follower is getting caught over top of the slide release inside the handgrip. Common issue with Norc G.I mags.
    Check the lower lip on the follower, bet you'll find a dent/ding where it's sliding past the slide stop.
    May our shots be true and timely, Our observations keen. May our bark roll out like thunder, in the name of home and Queen. May the ranks of tanks and bayonets pay heed to the power of the guns. For all the lords of battle, We are the chosen ones.

So?
    Try anything? Get it fixed?

took it to the range on sunday,,, first few mags only needed a gentle tap to get them full inserted
    after 50 rounds ( it was dang cold ) it was working flawlessly.
    i did check the mag follower and no burr or dents
    seems like it just needed a little extra push to get past the mag release spring ..
    i had it stripped and grips removed so i could see clearly where it was catching.
    either way its all good now.. im liking it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Skull View Post
    And another reason a Norinco will never find it's way into my gun collection. Thank you.
    If ten minutes work is all it takes to turn an extremely affordable pistol into a decent shooter, it seems like a very reasonable tradeoff. But differences in opinion is what makes a horserace interesting...
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12