Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms Grizzly Shotgun - 12.5 w/Ghost Ring Sights

Thought it would be a fun gun, at the end of the day I hated it. It never failed me , always went bang. Just was very heavy, nowhere near as nice as my browning auto 5 that I ####ing love! Sat in my safe for years until I sold it last month. Save a few more bucks and buy something better, it's just good at looking tacticool.

Great little gun. Highly recommend it.
    Harriston Pistol Club, CSSA

I have the 12.5 ghost ring model. I changed the choke to full for bunny hunting this year. I netted several with it. I have used it on clays and had a pile of fun with it. Its compact, and great in thick bush for quick maneuvering. I think it's a great little shotgun. 870 parts do fit on it, the choke was a Remington 870 screwed in just fine.

The downsides are - sites - took some getting used too - came from the factory REALLY low. at 20 yards it was several inches below where I aimed. That was easy enough to fix, raise the rear site all the way and put the top of the front site about 3/4 up the ring. I didn't miss after that if I followed that siting. It's heavy. I mean HEAVY, for such a little gun. But that don't bug me much.

You need to take it down and clean it up really well, polish the action down (mine had a burr) and give it a good go over. After that, it's as reliable as can be. It's no custom $2000 hand built gun. But it cycles smoothly enough and makes a great bush gun.

You would think with a 12.5 barrel that it would be not so good for clays, but, yes, with a change in the choke, it was a clay destroyer. Surprised ALL of us actually! I've seen videos where they change out the furniture on one to 870 tactical stuff, looks great with an adjustable tac stock!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    have the exact model you mention, love it.

Have magpul MOE forend and Mesa tactical Urbino buttstock on it, very comfy and practical
    Question about the magpul furniture. I put a Magpul MOE forend on mine and it was really really difficult to get it to fit. It was very tight to the tube. Anyone else experience this?

CGN Regular
    fit was very tight for me too

Some recommended a bit of sandpaper to the inside of the magpul however I was able to get mine on with swearing & brute force alone
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.

CGN frequent flyer
    The weight is in that factory butt stoke. Change it to a Hogue stock, and you'll lose at least 1 lb., and change it to the same weight as a regular 870. They make a short LOP version of the Hogue in green, that would be my choice.
    Price is around $80 new for front and rear parts, when you can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by wood800 View Post
    Thought it would be a fun gun, at the end of the day I hated it. It never failed me , always went bang. Just was very heavy, nowhere near as nice as my browning auto 5 that I ####ing love! Sat in my safe for years until I sold it last month. Save a few more bucks and buy something better, it's just good at looking tacticool.

For the guys who own one what does your forcing cone look like? Is it short or long taper how is the finish on it?
    F-Class Junkie

CGN Regular
    I've seen people mount a rail and optic on the ghost ring models, is the receiver drilled and tapped from the factory like a Mossberg 500?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Had mine for 3 years just love it!
    It is my bush gun, heavy but dependable never jams and I have stuffed everything in it.

I did go with a 1" Hogue stock and UTG front forend and tri grip love the ghost rings. Had an 870 while the 870 was higher quality but who cares it just goes bang and puts slugs where you want them!

I don't care if it gets bounced around in the bush it's just a tool that is there if needed. Don't know why so many are down on these guns it just gets smoother as it ages like Scotch. The receiver is drilled and comes with a Picatinny rail.

Randy

BANNED
    I Love mine I just got it, it seems heavy but I like it, feels like I really have control of it when I am aiming. The finish appears to be Black Parkerized. All together it is not a gun you buy cause you like the finish, it is a wildlife defense tool for me. However now that I have read this post I am taking it Trap Shooting and Bunny Hunting. All and all I love this thing, and if I compare it to a Browning or FN A5 I have to say it would be apples to oranges.

Great Gun Good Price just the way any Dutchman would want it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast