Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms Grizzly Shotgun - 12.5 w/Ghost Ring Sights

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post

This is my review of mine. I don't have an interchangeable choke, but the gun has been flawless thus far, I've even shot clays with it
    The mask on the wall to ward evil spirits, It's the second I've seen in.. 30 years.

Thanks for all the info!
    That's going to help me decide.

CGN Regular
    Ok thanks all the videos, pictures and reviews I've seen don't mention the receiver being drilled out for rails and optics. Also all the pics I see there's nothing close up on the rear sight area. Any ideas about mounting a flashlight of some kind to this little gun? I ask because I moose hunt in an area with a large bear population and there's often food and garbage in the camp areas. I would like this as a multi purpose bush gun and home/camp defense gun

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Has anyone tried it out?
    The description says it has Interchangeable Screw-In Choke.
    Does the choke help at all on such a short barrel?
    BTW, shotgun noob here...

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...t-ring-sights/
    Owned one since they first came out.
    My Grizzly has 12 1/2" barrel and the tube magazine (vs the box magazine) and the ghost ring sights.
    I don't believe my gun came with a choke.
    If it did I musta misplaced it.
    No need for a choke for what I use it for.
    This is the best slug gun I have ever held in my hands with one ragged hole groups at 25 yards with most brands of slugs.
    For "shotgun only" deer hunting zones you can't beat it.

It's a real stew pot filler.
    I shot 57 partridge (ruffed grouse) with it last fall in NE Ontario and as many if not more in previous years.
    I've heard of some having cycling/feeding troubles with their DA guns (especially the ones with box magazines) but I've never had a single malfunction or misfire with mine.
    Speaking from my personal experience my Dominion Arms Grizzly is the best purchase I've made in several years.

BANNED
    Great little Cannuck shotgun but don't forget it in the trunk of your car when you're going stateside like a buddy of mine did recently.
    It's a triple whammy down there if you get caught.
    1) it has a less than 16" barrel
    2) it is made in China
    3) it can't be Form 6NIA'd

He spent a week in Michigan visiting relatives and came back and nobody at the yank border post or the cannuck post on the return trip even mentioned guns.
    He almost filled his drawers with potato fertilizer when I told him how much shyt he would have been in if caught down there with that gun.
    Just a word to the wise.
    The DA Grizzly doesn't travel well.

I have the mag fed one, it was pretty rough, I toke some emery cloth to it and re blued a few pieces, basically just do some re finishing to a few parts and it has functioned flawlessly ever since. I have a tendency to short stroke it and end up with a double feed, one of thoes things I had to work out. I replaced the 12 1/2 with an 18 but I ran the 12 inch barrel in a three gun and had no troubles with any of the courses.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So to clarify are the receivers of the DA 12.5" shotty drilled and tapped for a pic rail??

CGN frequent flyer Sixgunjohnny's Avatar
    i bought a few from Canammo, comes with MOD choke. I have used it a few times with bird shot and slugs. love it. has a pretty good kick and takes both 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch shells.

i just bought some 00 buck but havent tried it yet. i love this shot gun. and for the price you cant go wrong. get one.
    Member: NFA & CSSA

wow nice find, looks like il need me one of those!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    I have the gun you mention.

mine has no choke at all.

I use it for rabbit and grouse hunting.... and bear defense but you cant say that in Nova Scotia or the cops will charge you... self defense is illegal..... gotta pretend to be hunting coyotes. Either way you still have your gun in the woods so I assume that "self defense" as a purpose is in and of itself dangerous at a "thought crime"of some sort.

If you shoot a grouse that is less than 25 feet from you with bird shot it dies.

If you shoot a grouse that is between 25 feet and 75 feet you stun it well enough that you can run up and shoot it point blank, it dies.

Dont even try to shoot it beyond 75 feet, it flies away.............

All my shots are VS stationary targets....... I dont even try to hit the moving ones. Half the time is that damn owl behind myplace so no reflex-aim-shoot for me..... I take my sweet time to stalk, identify, shoot. Or blind hunting..... they love apples.

Just sit really still next to an apple tree works sometime :0

Rabbits.... same distances more or less.

#4 birdshot I think

PS: big middle finger to the "bad scary guns" MP who said you cant hunt with the DA outlaw and ranted on and on about the "outlaw" name..... this DA 12.5 holds multiple rounds, is just as short, and is just fine for hunting

oh this could be the vid, maybe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0KYnpeZVnQ
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast