Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dominion Arms Grizzly Shotgun - 12.5 w/Ghost Ring Sights

I shot mine today,,, it just peppered a 1 ft x 2 ft target with game shot at 25 yrds...
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    I have the gun you mention.

mine has no choke at all.

I use it for rabbit and grouse hunting.... and bear defense but you cant say that in Nova Scotia or the cops will charge you... self defense is illegal..... gotta pretend to be hunting coyotes. Either way you still have your gun in the woods so I assume that "self defense" as a purpose is in and of itself dangerous at a "thought crime"of some sort.

If you shoot a grouse that is less than 25 feet from you with bird shot it dies.

If you shoot a grouse that is between 25 feet and 75 feet you stun it well enough that you can run up and shoot it point blank, it dies.

Dont even try to shoot it beyond 75 feet, it flies away.............

All my shots are VS stationary targets....... I dont even try to hit the moving ones. Half the time is that damn owl behind myplace so no reflex-aim-shoot for me..... I take my sweet time to stalk, identify, shoot. Or blind hunting..... they love apples.

Just sit really still next to an apple tree works sometime :0

Rabbits.... same distances more or less.

#4 birdshot I think

PS: big middle finger to the "bad scary guns" MP who said you cant hunt with the DA outlaw and ranted on and on about the "outlaw" name..... this DA 12.5 holds multiple rounds, is just as short, and is just fine for hunting

oh this could be the vid, maybe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0KYnpeZVnQ
    Watched the youtube video which was a vivid reminder on how arrogant, smug and quite frankly sickening Jack Harris is.

I am not at all off the deep end of hyper-ridiculous gun ownership, but that "bad scary guns" clip makes me ill.

I thought NL had the highest percentage of PALs in Canada, so hopefully that guy got voted out of relevance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Have use a turkey choke on a 12.5" to slaughter tons of gophers out to 50m.

Worked great. Chokes make a world of difference.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge Monkey View Post
    The mask on the wall to ward evil spirits, It's the second I've seen in.. 30 years.
    I wonder how much longer I'll be able to use my very handy and fast swinging DA Grizzly for hunting?
    The short barreled rifles and shotguns are on the RCMP shyt list and I'm sure they'll push the next LPC government for an OIC banning them.
    I recall with disgust when Turdo Sr restricted my Planfield M1 (30 M1 cal) which had an 18" barrel that I used to hunt blacktail deer with (a smaller subspecies of whitetail deer).
    They wouldn't even allow me to weld a permanent flash hider to it to put the barrel over the legal 18 1/2" minimum length.
    I sold it a month later for a fraction of what I paid for it. Used that gun safely for hunting for years and never once had the urge to committ a mass killing.
    Got stung on one 12-3 converted automatic that I bought from one of the little square SIR catalogs (remember them? - about the size of a dime store novel) back in the 1980s. Sold it to a 12-3 grandfathered licensee.
    If I can't take em hunting I don't want em taking up space in my gun locker.

I purchased the same shotgat recently. chokes have made a significant difference in my patterns. as for reliability, I've shot perhaps 300-400 rounds in mine. got it 2 months ago. haven't really given a detailed cleaning yet, besides the odd drop of oil in the action and bore snake down the barrel. 0 malfunctions so far, with many different types of shot and shells. awesome little blaster. all of my friends love it and keep asking me where they can get one.

Would chokes make too much difference if the barrel was 18.5" instead of 12.5"?
    I see Remington has the 870 express turkey with 21" barrel that accepts chokes, and there is the 18.5" tactical with that door breach thingy that can be unscrewed and replaced with chokes.

I'm not a shotgun guy, so I'm trying to understand "choke vs barrel length" relation so I can get something that would be useful for anything, from range fun to turkey hunting. The only thing is, I don't like long barreled shotguns, and I don't want to buy several shotguns.

The DA 12.5 with chokes seems to be too good to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by rickymo View Post
    I purchased the same shotgat recently. chokes have made a significant difference in my patterns. as for reliability, I've shot perhaps 300-400 rounds in mine. got it 2 months ago. haven't really given a detailed cleaning yet, besides the odd drop of oil in the action and bore snake down the barrel. 0 malfunctions so far, with many different types of shot and shells. awesome little blaster. all of my friends love it and keep asking me where they can get one.
    Last edited by MiniMe; 04-07-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    I can get something that would be useful for anything, from range fun to turkey hunting. The only thing is, I don't like long barreled shotguns, and I don't want to buy several shotguns.
    honestly this wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice for hunting. its far too heavy for what it is, and anything beyond 50m is kind of a shot in the dark, for me at least. I have had decent accuracy with slugs out to 50. might trying pushing that out when I go shoot tomorrow. Personally id rather blast birds with a break action with a really long barrel. This guns niche is more of a door buster or self defence type gun (from predatory animals of course...) but the barrels are interchangeable with other 870s, from what I hear. You could always just buy a longer barrel and slip that on when you want to hunt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234