Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Check the status of your application status" question.

BANNED

"Check the status of your application status" question.

Hi. I have a question I would like clarified please. First of all, this is NOT about wait times. I'm not asking how long it will take. I know it takes a while.
    OK, I want to make sure I am at the correct website. Where I end up does not seem right as the wording says "CFP's Individual Web Services Enrolment" I did the whole GCKey thing then to the oddly worded form. I get to that form by following the link on this page:

The form I am talking about looks like this:

Is this the correct site/page/form? I fill it out and I get a message saying it does not match their records and to call the CFP. I know that may mean they just have not entered my info yet and that is why. Adding to my concern/confusion, someone else here made a post ("RCMP Website doesn't work for you?") indicating there being a couple of sites. One worked, the other did not. The one he said worked (link is provided for both) is no longer available.Dead page.Seemed to work up until a few days ago but now it is gone. The one he said does NOT work is the same as my first screenshot.
    So IS this the correct place to check the status of my application? If not, where? That is all I am asking. They got my application three weeks ago. I know that is not out of the ordinary. One last time. I am not asking about wait time or anything else that would result in an answer addressing my patience. Thank you.

That website doesn't work, this one does;
    https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISI...hentication.do

I had the same problem you did until someone showed me the right link.
    Get someone you know to buy a restricted firearm

That is the site page that I got, and at first I got the same message as you, a few days later, it now shows my application status. I would be sure that all the info matches what you put on your application. If it takes too much longer, maybe a call is in order.

If your POST COUNT, is higher than your ROUND COUNT, get off your computer, and go shoot!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgallup View Post
    That website doesn't work, this one does;
    https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISI...hentication.do

I had the same problem you did until someone showed me the right link.
    Yes. I was trying there at link you provide. Now for me at least, I just get "WebLogic Proxy Error! - Erreur de proxy WebLogic!"

I tried recently to track mine and nothing showed up. So I called and the lady I spoke with told me that basically they don't process applications untill they have been in their posession for the mandatory 28 days waiting period so I should be able to see my info about 30 days after they received it.

waiting sucks in general, but especially when you see a nice used shotgun for sale and are hoping it won't be sold before you get your pal...

Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post
    I tried recently to track mine and nothing showed up. So I called and the lady I spoke with told me that basically they don't process applications untill they have been in their posession for the mandatory 28 days waiting period so I should be able to see my info about 30 days after they received it.

waiting sucks in general, but especially when you see a nice used shotgun for sale and are hoping it won't be sold before you get your pal...
    Put a deposit down on it. Explain the situation.

If your POST COUNT, is higher than your ROUND COUNT, get off your computer, and go shoot!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post

Hmm. Interesting. I have generally heard two weeks after they receive it to show up on the application status site. You're the first I've heard say that but it's not that I don't believe you. One thing in all this seems consistent. Inconsistencies.

We kept checking my wife's application for three months and it never showed up online. Her RPAL just showed up in the mail one day without warning.

I find this website to be useless.

You have the right place, at least it looks the same as the one that pops up for me.

I received my rpal in the mail before the issuance of said license was updated on the website.
    Not sure they are too tech savvy over there, plus their general disinterest in making firearms ownership easy.

Quote Originally Posted by newcoyote View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. I have generally heard two weeks after they receive it to show up on the application status site. You're the first I've heard say that but it's not that I don't believe you. One thing in all this seems consistent. Inconsistencies.
    Checked again today on the same website you refered to and Yes it did show up this time. (they received application 24 days ago but I have to admit that I did not check since at least a week ago.
    Mine is telling me: application has completed initial processing, it is now in progress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast